Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Restaurant Dundrum

Options
  • 13-05-2015 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

A group of 12 wondering re Hailan Restaurant on main street Dundrum - premises was closed for many months, but up and running again - only three TripAdvisor reviews which are all excellent and put it in No. 1 place of all Dundrum restaurants!
    Has any boardsie been? if so, I'd welcome your opinion.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I'd be wary of ANY review on TripAdvisor. It has a dodgy reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Planet X wrote: »
    I'd be wary of ANY review on TripAdvisor. It has a dodgy reputation.

To what does it refer - tripadvisor or the restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Ate there with a large group recently. I didn't try their sushi, foolishly, so can't comment on that. But the food was decent, and the ambience nice as well. Probably better to go in the evening when it's busy. The staff were fantastic, cannot fault them. Despite the apparently many options in Dundrum, the selection of restaurants isn't amazing. I think that if we were looking for another group location, we'd probably go back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Tani sushi in Terenure is fabulous - and BYOB. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

To what does it refer - tripadvisor or the restaurant?

TripAdvisor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Planet X wrote: »
    TripAdvisor.

Nonsense. It's not dodgy if you know how to use it. Look for trends, and look at the posting history of questionable reviews.

Advertisement