Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are some good gym apps?

Options
  • 13-05-2015 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Just a question to see what people recommend for going to the gym.

I'm looking for something that will list out a set of exercises that you can work through and track your workout. And geared for gym beginners :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

fitocracy. Lets you browse, list and track exercises. It has descriptions and video as well as a community aspect. A session with a PT to show you the basic lifts is always a good idea rather than relying on the descriptions though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭NU8

I've found Jucy to be very good. It's quite basic but does everything you'd want. Times the session, allows you to create workouts and track weight/reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

Hi, I'm normally using Runtastic apps. They have a lot and the best is that after using them you have the info on the website. For example, you can do pushups, situps, squats, running, bike,... and they send all the info through internet so when you check with you computer you can see how many training sessions you have done on the period of time, averages, statisctis,... and much more. I like it ;-)

The Stronglifts 5x5 app (just like the corresponding programme) is simple and excellent. Great programme and tracker for any beginner/intermediate weight training.

It's perfectly functional in the free version, but you can pay €10 to upgrade it to add additional exercises and videos. I had followed the programme for a very long time so felt like contributing the €10er and the upgrades are good (though not quite worth €10!)

Advertisement