Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G stuck on a boot loop

Options
  • 13-05-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

I have a Moto G XT 1032 and since last night it has been stuck on a boot-loop where is cannot get past the initial Motorola start up screen.

I have carried out the advice given on the website where they ask you to:
    1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button (or Volume Down button+Volume Up button+ Power button) at the same time until the device turns on. You will see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
    2. Press the Volume Down button once to highlight "Recovery mode"
    3. Press the Volume UP button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
    4. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
    5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
    6. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it

However, even after carrying out the above the issue remains unresolved.

Just wondering has anyone else come across anything like this and how did they fix it?
    The phone is out of warranty so keen to get it sorted myself if I can at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭dubrov

Are you sure it is out of warranty?

I'm pretty sure that European consumer law means the manufacturer has to repair the phone up to 2 years old.

Try contacting them directly to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

If you can boot to recovery and therefore download mode as well I'd imagine, how about maybe re flashing the phone's firmware through odin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭dubrov

You could reflash the phone's firmware but it might make it much more difficult to claim a repair under warranty afterwards.

Given the factory reset failed, it may not work anyway.

If you want to go down the flashing root, there are plenty of guides available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

dubrov wrote: »
    Are you sure it is out of warranty?

I'm pretty sure that European consumer law means the manufacturer has to repair the phone up to 2 years old.

Try contacting them directly to see

Second above, I think it might actually be 3 years though.

Advertisement