Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you had a New Kitchen fitted?

Options
  • 13-05-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm looking for new kitchen reviews. I can't believe how many companies that have lovely showrooms, don't have any reviews for potential customers to read, despite being years in the business.
    B&Q is already out, I have read their modus operandi, and all monies up front, I just don't do. Plus I could n't find one positive review.
    Thanks
    Joolzie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Agree that you should avoid B&Q, I ordered and fitted a new bathroom from them (2007) and the resulting work was sub standard. It was very much the "conveyor approach" to build and fitting... I had to get them back twice to do remedial works.

I subsequently ordered and fitted a kitchen from Kube in September 2012, and have only good things to say about them. From the initial design sessions to the work scheduling and quality, to the finished product were all top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Joolzie

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Agree that you should avoid B&Q, I ordered and fitted a new bathroom from them (2007) and the resulting work was sub standard. It was very much the "conveyor approach" to build and fitting... I had to get them back twice to do remedial works.

I subsequently ordered and fitted a kitchen from Kube in September 2012, and have only good things to say about them. From the initial design sessions to the work scheduling and quality, to the finished product were all top class.

By the way, how long did they take to do it? and was it really expensive?
    Thanks

Yep,

I paired everything back to the brick work, re-plastered, re-tilled, new electrics and full kitchen lighting system, and as I mentioned, a medium spec Kube kitchen with Neff units and white quartz worktops. Just under €28K for everything... Love the room now...

Yep,

I paired everything back to the brick work, re-plastered, re-tilled, new electrics and full kitchen lighting system, and as I mentioned, a medium spec Kube kitchen with Neff units and white quartz worktops. Just under €28K for everything... Love the room now...

Cough, cough!! excuse me while i stop choking. Omg, thats way out of my budget. Neff units, that's awesome. Top class! White quartz worktops wow, just wow! Medium spec? omg, I think I have to go and have a lie down......Are you joking? Do you spend a lot of time in there creating masterpieces? I think if I paid that, for that, I would have to live in it.....

Well the kitchen is the centre of the home. As I mentioned the above figures was for a complete room renewal, rather than just a kitchen being fitted into an existing space... Anyway happy kitchen hunting :):)

• Advertisement

Well the kitchen is the centre of the home. As I mentioned the above figures was for a complete room renewal, rather than just a kitchen being fitted into an existing space... Anyway happy kitchen hunting :):)

Thanks....I'm still getting over that! and yes, I agree the kitchen is the heart of the home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Currently having a painted kitchen by Cash&Carry Kitchens being fitted , salespeople very helpful with design advice etc and kitchen reasonably priced for those of us on a budget, kitchen delivered on time and assembly by their fitter going smoothly so far.
    May be worth considering, I think they have branches nationwide

Currently having a painted kitchen by Cash&Carry Kitchens being fitted , salespeople very helpful with design advice etc and kitchen reasonably priced for those of us on a budget, kitchen delivered on time and assembly by their fitter going smoothly so far.

Thanks! Please keep me posted how it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭robinwing

how do you rate cash and carry kitchens now ? were there any problems ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

robinwing wrote: »
    how do you rate cash and carry kitchens now ? were there any problems ?

We've had no problems with our Cash & Carry kitchen - as I said in previous posting, competetive price, delivery and fitting on schedule, no problems or issues arising since. Quite satisfied with the kitchen and our experience of this company. Just to add, we have no connection ( personal or otherwise ) with Cash & Carry Kitchens - just satisfied customers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I've done a bit of research on kitchen providers as I will have to have a new one put in shortly. The 3 companies which seem to have a good reputation, and are reasonably priced are Ikea, Cash & Carry Kitchens, and In House.

Have met with Cash & Carry Kitchens, found them nice to deal with. Ikea and In house will do after christmas.

Hope thats of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rathkenny

I've just had my kitchen units installed by Kelly Kitchens in Tallaght. The quartz worktop is due tomorrow but I'm delighted with it so far. They are great for the little details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭wandererz

At OP:

Yes. Am sitting in a new kitchen fitted by a company in Dublin.

One year on everything is fine.

(by which i mean: everything is still new, we have hardly used any of the systems and appliances we originally accounted for)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Had a good experience with In House. Decent prices, good customisation options, and really happy with the units two years down the road.

Advertisement