Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'm wheel disappointed.

Options
  • 12-05-2015 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

Finally got a wheel to play with Dirt Rally mainly, and many other games too. It's this one :http://www.tracer.pl/en/product/steering-wheel-tracer-zonda-psps2ps3usb-5

I have a PC in my living room hooked up to a large tv, so I tried it on my lap (supposedly meant to fit comfortably) and it was awful. Tried to clamp it on a table, it kept coming off since the wheel itself is too heavy. The pedals kept sliding everywhere too, so it's back in it's box. Just wondering if there was a way to do this without becoming a carpenter.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

First things first is that wheel supported by dirt rally?
    I always stay with the well known well supported brands when buying a wheel.
    I tried them lap wheels years ago, found them awful.

Also all the good well known wheels clamps will never budge,ive never heard of that wheel before, doesnt mean its a bad wheel you must take into account things like how a wheel clamps to your desk and how pedals stay stable under pressure from your feet inputs.

Best advice check out reviews until your blue in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, it works fine with it, it's just the unreal discomfort that's horrible. Had an idea of maybe taking the door off an old bedside locker, sticking the pedals inside and attaching the wheel to the top. Sounds crazy, but it just might be the job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not crazy at all mate, if it works thats all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What wheel is it? For example if you go to amazon and search for steering wheel stand - there are plenty of ready made options available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

v3ttel wrote: »
    What wheel is it? For example if you go to amazon and search for steering wheel stand - there are plenty of ready made options available.

Never even thought of it. :) Cheers!

They are a little expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Never even thought of it. :) Cheers!

They are a little expensive though.

No worries. I know how annoying it can be if you don't have a proper setup for your wheel, with the pedals slipping all over the place, etc.

They are expensive, but they are a good option if you've got D.I.Y skills like me and would set the house on fire by trying to hammer in a nail.

Advertisement