Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for Garden Furniture using scaffold boards

Options
  • 12-05-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have plans for making some garden furniture out of some recycled scaffold boards. I want to make a couple of benches, lots of ideas on the internet but I'm struggling to find plans with the measurements and all laid out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Would anyone have plans for making some garden furniture out of some recycled scaffold boards. I want to make a couple of benches, lots of ideas on the internet but I'm struggling to find plans with the measurements and all laid out.

That's 'coz people want money for dimensioned drawings.:rolleyes:
    I'd search Amazon for cheap secondhand books on the subject. They are now down to 1 penny ( + postage ) !

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭fiacha

You are better off sitting down and drawing the plans yourself. With recycled boards, you may not be able to use the full length etc. Design the bench around the material you have.

Have you tried using google sketchup ? There are great tutorials on youtube, and it won't take long for you to knock out dimensional drawings for simple garden benches.

Also, from experience the scaffold boards are embedded with all kinds of metal and grit...they will eat your good saw blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

recipio wrote: »
    That's 'coz people want money for dimensioned drawings.:rolleyes:
    I'd search Amazon for cheap secondhand books on the subject. They are now down to 1 penny ( + postage ) !

Thats why I'm looking for free drawings!:rolleyes:
    fiacha wrote: »
    You are better off sitting down and drawing the plans yourself. With recycled boards, you may not be able to use the full length etc. Design the bench around the material you have.

Have you tried using google sketchup ? There are great tutorials on youtube, and it won't take long for you to knock out dimensional drawings for simple garden benches.

Also, from experience the scaffold boards are embedded with all kinds of metal and grit...they will eat your good saw blades.

Looks like I'll have to draw it up myself.

Advertisement