Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Canada, going to USA for a week in between

Options
  • 12-05-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

A Chairde,

Going to Canada in late June, while there visiting friends for a week in New York .... can you tell me what VISA issues I will face crossing the border to USA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

All you will need is an up to date ESTA if you have an Irish passport. I have crossed from Canada to USA by car and there has never been any problems.

Remember the ESTA is only valid for 2 years so do it just before you head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭lynchie

OP mentioned crossing the border. Assuming they mean by land, then no ESTA is required. Usual paper based i94 for land crossings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

lynchie wrote: »
    OP mentioned crossing the border. Assuming they mean by land, then no ESTA is required. Usual paper based i94 for land crossings.

Plus have a credit card or $5 cash on hand to pay the processing fee for the i94

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

Thanks Edel, Lynchie and JJ,

You have all been very helpful, I appreciate it.

Advertisement