Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my website gone forever!?? Qwhup webhosting companies own website is gone/down

Options
  • 12-05-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So I've just gotten an email from a client saying that my website wasn't working. I'm in the photography industry and need to have my website pretty much up and running 24/7.

Anyway, when I go to the site and its redirected, saying domain has expired
    in 2016
    Pretty strange....

So, I try and log onto my host admin area, which is also down/expired. So I try and check the Dublin website host company qwhup.com to send a strongly worded message, only to find that the web hosting companies own page has expired too! The irony...

Can someone tell me if this is normal/ will be sorted out...or has the company gone bust or something and thus my website lost forever?! I was only in contact with them a day or two ago with a tech query so presume it must just be some sort of ridiculous oversight for the, not to renew their domain, and thus all of their clients domains...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

The host may be under some kind of DoS attack. So you need to be patience for sometime. Another thing you could do is to google the "host name + mobile phone contact+ email address+ contact us". The search could return other means of contacting them, such as the facebook fanpage twitter e.t.c.
    So so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Their website is here:
    https://www.facebook.com/qwhup

However they haven't posted an update since 2014 so they may have gone under, you could be out of luck I'm afraid.

Do you have a backup of the site anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Roshaw7

Thanks for the responses

I did in fact track down the name and contact details of the registrar and sent him an email. He actually got back this morning saying that the problem was on the registrar end and that everything was back up and working now...but in fact both urls are still down/expired

I did manage to access my cpanel late last night and download a back-up so hopefully that'll be useful if this isn't resolved.

I also just got a wedding enquiry this minute, apparently sent from my websites contact form, even though my website is still inactive. Could this have been stuck in the system since before it went down? Or could the site be accessible for some? Can't figure that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Roshaw7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses

I did in fact track down the name and contact details of the registrar and sent him an email. He actually got back this morning saying that the problem was on the registrar end and that everything was back up and working now...but in fact both urls are still down/expired

I did manage to access my cpanel late last night and download a back-up so hopefully that'll be useful if this isn't resolved.

I also just got a wedding enquiry this minute, apparently sent from my websites contact form, even though my website is still inactive. Could this have been stuck in the system since before it went down? Or could the site be accessible for some? Can't figure that one

If it is a DNS issue it is possible that the website is accessible to some and not to others, sounds like an incredibly badly managed hosting company if this was allowed to happen.

You can try flush your dns or delete your browser cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Roshaw7

Tried flushing dns and deleting browser cache, still not working. It is incredible, especially the claim that it's been resolved when it doesnt seem to be.

I'll be moving my hosting to something more secure as soon as possible. Problem is I'm actually losing bussiness while this is persisting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Roshaw7 wrote: »
    Tried flushing dns and deleting browser cache, still not working. It is incredible, especially the claim that it's been resolved when it doesnt seem to be.

I'll be moving my hosting to something more secure as soon as possible. Problem is I'm actually losing bussiness while this is persisting.

If the DNS servers you are using have still not propagated the new records then you will continue to have problems. You can try changing your dns to something like OpenDNS or Google DNS. These are usually very fast at updating.

I would suggest moving host though anyway, there are fallbacks in place for failed DNS and this host did not seem to have them set up, amateur mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭manjosh

I would suggest you get chating with a premium hosting service, maybe gator or bluehost or any other. They usually will help you with all your problem as long as their here the word am moving to you guys. It better you let this professional do the dirty work.
    Good luck.

Advertisement