Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan Car

Options
  • 12-05-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Applied for a loan for a car of 3500 and they rang me back 3 weeks ago to say it was approved. I work full time, 40 hours a week. If I go to the cu tomorrow will they let me take the money or do I have to wait a certain number of days to get the loan?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it's an unconditional approval like it doesn't require the signature of a guarantor then they should give you the cheque but you'd need to phone ahead to be sure. No two CUs are the same, they all have their own rules and procedures.

Sounds like you should have full approval there. I'd expect you can collect the loan on the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

Applied for a loan for a car of 3500 and they rang me back 3 weeks ago to say it was approved. I work full time, 40 hours a week. If I go to the cu tomorrow will they let me take the money or do I have to wait a certain number of days to get the loan?

Thanks

I know this thread is from last year but when you applied for €3,500 and you work 40 hours a week .. what information did they require from you i.e payslips? and had you been making regular deposits into your savings ? Also what % of the €3,500 did you need in your account before applying.

Sorry about all the questions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

CreamTim wrote: »
    I know this thread is from last year but when you applied for €3,500 and you work 40 hours a week .. what information did they require from you i.e payslips? and had you been making regular deposits into your savings ? Also what % of the €3,500 did you need in your account before applying.

Sorry about all the questions :)

I got a CU car loan last week and just had to bring down my payslip, sign forms in around 10 places and verbally confirm I was in good health

Advertisement