Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYI - Garda Bike Auction this Thursday (14 May)

Options
  • 12-05-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just FYI - the Gardaí are selling off this week, the bicycles they were unable to return to their owners for over 6 months.

There are ~160 bikes, the quality and condition are not great, but there's no reserve so I assume these will sell very cheaply and quickly. Could be useful for a fixer-upper, or a day-to-day bike you'd be happy to leave overnight in town...

ER3PlUhl.jpg

Full details here: www.wilsonsauctions.com/liquidation-disposals-search-results/659 Location of sale is at Kingswood out on the N7, closest Dublin Bus stop is 5124
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Thinking of making an offer for the wheels off this one

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

rtmie wrote: »

I've definitely seen the former owner ride that around a few years ago, surprised it wasn't an easy thing for him to claim it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Chr1st on a bike,whoever took the photo's knows nothing about bicycle's,99% taken from the non-drive side!!!
    As mentioned already,really most of them are €10 bike's that you could lock anywhere in town and not really worry if it was nicked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Lads iv been to a few of these as I live across the rd, don't bother going any decent bikes never make it to the auction, always seem to be reclaimed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

I've definitely seen the former owner ride that around a few years ago, surprised it wasn't an easy thing for him to claim it back.

A closer view in case the owner needs to check for details only they could recognise...

AuPA6vSl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,407 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I went to one in ~2006, they're not really worth the effort unless you're looking for a dirt cheap beater for commuting and locking in dodgy areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Another of these bike auctions next Saturday in Kingswood if anyone is interested. http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/liquidation-disposals-search-results/1121

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Buchaill_Mor

"Bidding Deposit of € 500 is required to bid (refundable if no purchase is made)"

Holy Cow!!! It was €100 at the last one. €500 is a bit rich is your bidding is €60.

Advertisement