Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Travel.ie

Options
  • 12-05-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Maybe not the right forum but more chance of someone knowing something about this business.

Its a travel agency that ive been linked to via SkyScanner and the saving is remarkable , so much so that its almost too good to be true!
    Any info online is scarce but nothing negative that i can find.

Owned by David O Grady trading as Core Travel limited and accounts seem in order
    https://www.duedil.com/company/IE281165/core-travel-limited

Website here

http://www.e-travel.ie

Appreciate anyone with a bit of feedback

If the whole thing went tits up would my money and flights be safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Does the following offer me any protection?

eTravel is fully bonded and licensed by the commission of Aviation Authority and we are members of ITAA and IATA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

When you are putting in your credit card details, does it send you to another site or the same one. If its the same one and there is a padlock on your browser or the webpage is https://xxxxxx, then you should be ok.

https://book.e-travel.ie

All looks totally legit and a few reviews on boards over the years , i just cant get over the mantra "if it looks to good to be true"
    The price of the long haul flight is ridiculously cheap compared to others

• Registered Users Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

FWIW they're in business since 1998. I could be wrong, but I think they were one of the first traditional travel agents in Ireland to properly embrace web bookings as a business model, before the advent of other online-only travel agencies.

Yeah ill wait till later and as long as no horror stories appear ill go ahead and book.
    Seem ultra competitive on loads of things yet very little online reviews , great to be able to get such competitive deal with an Irish company

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I booked return flights to Australia with them last year. No problems at all, even allowed me to book an emergency row seat free of charge on their website. Would highly recommend.

Thanks ,
    booked last night , saved £200 on each flight!
    Instant booking and instantly on Emirates own booking system.
    Spoke with an advisor at the company and they were very helpful too.

Pity there isnt more reviews as im sure loads see the competitive price and are put off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I used them last year for a flight to NYC with Virgin very very good price and everything went off without a hitch. Would 100% recommend and will be back as a customer of theirs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leana55

Hi, eTravel are a fully bonded Irish Travel agent in operation since 1997. Very secure agency

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dubby1978

leana55 wrote: »
    Hi, eTravel are a fully bonded Irish Travel agent in operation since 1997. Very secure agency

Thanks e-Travel :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

leana55 wrote: »
    Bonding applies to packages. It is meaningless if just buying a flight.

PS. I've bought good consolidator fares through e-Travel in the past (cheaper than buying from the airline directly).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I won't bother opening a new topic so can anyone update me on experiences with E-Travel lately.

Saving are huge compared to other Airlines and for a family of 4 travelling to Thailand, that's money that can go elsewhere.
    They even get a better rating on Skyskanner compared to Ebookers and Expedia and i have used both of them.

Whats the catch, can you not change any particulars with the bookings if you need to or is it more expensive to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

I won't bother opening a new topic so can anyone update me on experiences with E-Travel lately.

Saving are huge compared to other Airlines and for a family of 4 travelling to Thailand, that's money that can go elsewhere.
    They even get a better rating on Skyskanner compared to Ebookers and Expedia and i have used both of them.

Whats the catch, can you not change any particulars with the bookings if you need to or is it more expensive to do so.

Bought 2 return tickets to Sydney. No problem at all. After few minutes they sent me reservation code. Checked that with airline (British Airways) all good. Tickets are confirmed.

I also choose "after sale help" option or something like that (can't remember the exact name) for few euro extra.

So far so good.

Also used them before good few years ago. Never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I used them for tickets to Thailand this year. All good! Great savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭irishrover99

So it seems to be that they are great for saving provided you don't need to change any particulars of the booking.
    I rang them and the girl i spoke to, suggested that i pay the extra 10 Euro per ticket at the time of booking, that is after sales service otherwise it will be 25 Euro at a later date if needed.

She also said that you can pay 10 Euro to provisionally hold the booking for 24 hours and then call them and they will give you a break down of any costs that you may occur if you need to change any details after the booking is then completed.

Advertisement