Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish News Archives

Options
  • 12-05-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    If anyone has a current sub, could I be so bold and ask for a lookup?
    Searching for any articles on the Railway fatality in Co. Limerick in May 1917? Pm me for more details.

I am going to take out another sub later later in the year when I have more time for research:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cat_r

There's going to be a free access offer starting tomorrow morning according to their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Robyn15

Had a look using your details as a search, returned nothing. This was searching all papers. I also have access it the Irish Times. May 19 1917 edition of Irish Times has one line about a farmer being killed by a train from Limerick to Cork, his name was Daniel Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Many tks Cat_r for the heads up on INA free access. I'll check it out.

Yes Robyn that's the chap. When I checked INA this morning, there were a number of results showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Robyn15

Maybe my search was too wide. Any paper in Particular?

I've found the relevant article now thanks. It was in the Irish Examiner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

cat_r wrote: »
    There's going to be a free access offer starting tomorrow morning according to their Facebook page.

Darnnit! Thought it was for 24 hours but it was only from 10am - 4pm and I just got to sit down at the computer now. Drat!

Jellybaby,
    Supposed to be for 3 days!!!

What! Facebook says this:

"Delighted to announce FREE Access to Irish Newspaper Archives from 10am to 4pm today!! If you know anyone who would like to search through 4 centuries of Irish news in almost 50 newspaper titles please share this post with them!"

It is still working for me:)
    Home page is still showing the 3day Free trial. Give it a go.

You're right! Yay! Thank you thank you thank you. :)

• Advertisement

Aww, lost it again. Oh well, I got some interesting stuff, but I would have loved to keep going. Hope there's another freebie soon, fingers crossed.

Still working away for me, hoping to get a 3rd day:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

It's closing down apparently :(

https://irishnewspapers.com/image/92458564/

arc1n_zpstq3ijcmt.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I thought it was Irish Newspaper Archive that was closing when first I read it.
    Are they one and the same company?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

oops I may have jumped the gun there, looks like irishnewspapers.com are different :o

Now I see they're offering 1916 papers for free on the INA site, so no need to panic it seems...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

But it does say the newspapers found on this site are available at Irish Newspaper Archive.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Irish Newspapers was a US-aimed version of the site I thought?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yes, afaik, a US company linked to INN. Had a mild panic when I first read it!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement