Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help converting photo into outline for naming people in photo

Options
  • 12-05-2015 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a group photo which is about 40 years old, and I'm looking for someway to number the individuals in the photo so that underneath the numbers can correspond to the persons name...

I've seen example where the photo is converted into a type of shadow or outline of the photo and each person has a number on them which corresponds too their name.

Hope I'm making sense!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

hjr wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a group photo which is about 40 years old, and I'm looking for someway to number the individuals in the photo so that underneath the numbers can correspond to the persons name...

I've seen example where the photo is converted into a type of shadow or outline of the photo and each person has a number on them which corresponds too their name.

Hope I'm making sense!

What editing software do you have. You could try boosting the highlights and shadows so so have a very contrasted image

Or if you have no software. Add the photo as a picture in word / writer and use text boxes for the numbers. Then group the lot and save it as a picture or take a screen shot

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

Don't have any editing software I'm afraid. I had hoped it may be possible to use some sort of online conversion to solve the problem. The people in the photo are a little too bunched together and even facebook can't pick out all the faces. If I could have a number on each face, which would be on a whiteback background it'd be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

If you don't have any software you could always use the photoshop 30 day free trial.

http://www.adobe.com/ie/downloads.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you send me a copy of the image I will do it for you.

CabanSail wrote: »
    If you send me a copy of the image I will do it for you.

Thank you! How do I send it to you!?

Never mind, I've emailed it to you!

Thanks again..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have done an edit and sent it back via email.

CabanSail wrote: »
    I have done an edit and sent it back via email.

Got it thanks, thats perfect!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do it!!

Advertisement