Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avant B8 S line VRT

• 12-05-2015 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Looking for info here if anyone has imported and audi a4 avant s line 2008 onwards previously.

When I went to the revenue VRT calculator, there are a number of combinations which I can run each giving me a range of prices from 3500 to 4600! I know the % is emision based and CO2 for the avant is slightly higher than the saloon, but some quotes have different CO2 listed than manufacturer CO2.

Anyone have any experience with this?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Do you know the emissions that are on the log book of the car you want buy?

There will be a number of different models on the revenue calculator. One should match what you are looking at. If not you can manually type in the CO2 and it will give a good estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Do you know the emissions that are on the log book of the car you want buy?

There will be a number of different models on the revenue calculator. One should match what you are looking at. If not you can manually type in the CO2 and it will give a good estimate.

Ya Ive checked the emissions. Was just wondering why there seems to be so much different choice on the calculator with models and emissions. I mean you could go down the line of selection and get a quote with an emission level not matching up to manufacturers one. You input your emissions as they should be and get a result.

But this could be differnt each time depending on where you start from in selcting the model types?

Have people had issues with this on other cars?
    It just seems like you wont get a true figure until revenue do it. And then will they choose the more favourable selection?...hardly...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That car was offered with different engines which had different emissions. You then have different trim levels, for example a SE would have lower VRT than a S Line because the SE was cheaper to buy.

At the end of the day the VRT calculator cost is not a written in stone guarantee that is what you will pay on the day. It is designed as a guide only but in alot of cases it can be close enough. Revenue update their figures every month or so based on a number of different factors.

Advertisement