Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grinder [FOX]

Options
  • 11-05-2015 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

THE GRINDER, starring Emmy Award nominee Rob Lowe (“Parks and Recreation,” “The West Wing”) and Emmy Award and Golden Globe Award nominee Fred Savage (“The Wonder Years”), follows a famous TV lawyer (Lowe) who, after his hit series, “The Grinder,” is canceled, moves back home and joins his brother (Savage) at their family’s real-life law firm – despite having no formal education, no bar certification, no license to practice and no experience in an actual courtroom.

This is one sitcom I'm certainly looking forward to come September. That's some cast and the trailer is promising.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fred Savage awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So apparently putting Rob Lowe and Fred Savage in a show together is a genius move... Really liked the Pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Daft as a brush but it's funny. Rob Lowe is always value for money playing an airhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Its really silly but it works for some odd reason..

• Advertisement

A show not trying to be anything but stupid and funny and it works I'm not sure if they will be able to keep it up for long but for now it making me laugh so I will keep on watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

It should be a pretty cheap show to make, set an all as it is exclusively in the toilets of The George...... wait? Oh nevermind I just looked at the trailer, my outline would be a better show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

This show definitely has something. I don't think you can go wrong with Rob Lowe and Fred Savage is great also. It's completely silly, unrealistic and stupid and is all the better for it. It's just got that something that works. It's also well produced and felt like a really strong show from the get go. I have no idea how they'll develop it from here but I'm 110% in on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the Grinder rests!

That was literally very good, great chemistry between Rob and Fred

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

#Teenlife. Promising pilot, Rob Lowe is very funny in it. The cheesy music every time he goes into "grinder mode" is great too.

"But what if it wasn't?"

Love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I don't think anybody could watch an episode of this and ever take Suits seriously again.
    But that's just hearsay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

People take suits seriously?

Natalie Morales another great reason to keep watching.

On a side note bring back The Middleman.

3 episodes in and I have to say I am loving it.

3 episodes in and I have to say I am loving it.

It's brilliant... Unfortunately, because of the ratings it's getting, I don't see it lasting past the initial 13 episode order (if it even gets that far)... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought the third episode was flat enough and formulaic. I just felt it didn't have some of the flashes of brilliance of the previous two. For me there were some genuine laugh out loud moments from eps 1 & 2 but I didn't find any of those in 3 at all.

No there wasn't many lol moments in the 3rd episode but I found myself smiling throughout the whole show there is many shows that can make me do that being honest.

It's just great to see Fred Savage in front of the camera again even it gets axed he needs to do more acting along with directing.

The Grinder’ Get Orders For 6 More Scripts From Fox
    Ratings have been shaky but Fox has faith in new comedies Grandfathered and The Grinder, picking up six additional scripts for each show.

Fox brass’ decision to order more scripts was based on seeing upcoming episodes of both shows that are yet to air, the series’ upscale, diverse audiences, and the general rule that comedies usually take longer to build.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/grandfathered-the-grinder-6-more-scripts-fox-1201583964/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Another show I watched because of a thread on boards. Only watched the pilot so far, but very funny. Thanks for the recommendation.

"do you have a quick sec?"
    " we don't have time for quick secs"

Christina Applegate :D and another all-round fun episode.

William Devane's little comments after Rob Lowe say something are brilliant

Well the season is over and it was fun just what a sit-com is supposed to be.

I'd love to see it renewed - I know it's a long shot, but it's such a fun show with a great cast that doesn't take itself too seriously, so it would be a shame to lose it.

Fox UK now showing this

Advertisement