Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combine beginner trip & half-marathon plans

Options
  • 11-05-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi there,

I really want to start tri training (and actually started beginner tri programme with HR in Garmin Connect).
    However I also train for half-marathon and should start marathon programme in mid July.

Olympic Tri programme for beginners in Garmin Connect (the one I started) has very light running. When I'm talking about very light - I mean all runs are very short and most of them in Z1 zone.
    I'd like to combine bike&swimming sessions with half-marathon programme. Could you please advise me how to do that?
    Is it worth to pay for some Training Peaks programme?

PS: I also started some light gym sessions 3 days a week as after injury I got during marathon last October I got 12kg extra weight... I'm about 100kg right now, with over 25% of body fat :( When I was running Dublin marathon in 2014 I was under 90kg.

Advertisement