Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert English texts

Options
  • 10-05-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Trying to figure out what textbook, novel & play to put on book list for my mixed ability 1st yr group. The prescribed list looks daunting, anyone any thoughts? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jamfa

Icsics wrote: »
    Trying to figure out what textbook, novel & play to put on book list for my mixed ability 1st yr group. The prescribed list looks daunting, anyone any thoughts? Thanks

Not sure of a text book yet but there is info about prescribed texts here: http://www.jct.ie/english/english.html#planning
    Word of warning some people insist that's it's a breach of the Union directive to look at the site or probably for us to be engaging like this in planning for 2nd year.
    I've got mixed all girls so Weight of Water or The Dare are easy and enjoyable reads and Shakespeare is still there and required for higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭masterofchess1

Private peaceful by Michael Morpurgo or Goodnight Mister Tom are good books

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

We did 'Wonder' this year, great little book, kids and teachers loved it. There are loads of resources online and as it deals with disfigurement and difference, there are cross-curricular links to SPHE etc. The chapters are short and the language is accessible while not dumbed down. I thought it was perfect for my mixed ability group. There's a great audiobook version out there too, which they loved when they got sick of listening to me.

Advertisement