Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT strength and conditiong to UL or DCU sports Science/Performance

Options
  • 10-05-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

If i done strength and conditioning course in LIT,would i be able to get into second year on a sports science or performance degree in dcu or ul?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

If i done strength and conditioning course in LIT,would i be able to get into second year on a sports science or performance degree in dcu or ul?
    If you did the course you could probably look at doing a masters in sports science etc elsewhere. There is a 3 and 4 year option course for the LIT course in Thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JQH

HI, I lecture in LIT (Thurles) but not on that programme, but have some experience of this. To transfer to another college depends on a couple of factors, but primarily have you achieved the same or similar learning outcomes at your previous college. When I've had students apply to transfer into my programme 'Computer Services', I have to look at what modules have they completed, and are they missing out of any modules that will have a detrimental impact on their ability to complete - so if they had a pre-requisite module in year 1 that you hadn't completed then you are out of luck. It also depends on whether there is space available etc. I wouldn't bet on it, unless there was an agreement between the colleges - so for example LIT Thurles students would normally expect to transfer to LIT Moylish and vica versa. You'd be better planning to complete your undergrad at one college, and then transferring for your Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

JQH wrote: »
    HI, I lecture in LIT (Thurles) but not on that programme, but have some experience of this.

You did the Leaving in 2012 and now you are lecturing!!! Nice fast career progression!!! :-)

JQH wrote: »
    Hi - thanks for reply. Doing leaving cert at moment. s
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79171910

Advertisement