Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to get my Truck driving licence

Options
  • 10-05-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey, I was offered a job driving a truck if/when I can get a licence to do so

Im 19 and I currently don't drive
    and just want a simple step by step of what i need to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

Myself and others have posted lots of info about getting our truck licences in the thread entitled 'c1 licence'.

Being 19 may restrict your options regarding what licence you get...the RSA website lists out the age v licence ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Adam!038 wrote: »
    Hey, I was offered a job driving a truck if/when I can get a licence to do so

Im 19 and I currently don't drive
    and just want a simple step by step of what i need to do

How were you offered a truck driving job when you don't even drive? an I assume don't have a licence.

Being 19 is a problem. You need to be 21 in order to drive a truck and it's not a cheap process as you'll be paying for;

Theory Test (Car)
    Learner Permit
    Lessons
    Driving Test (B Licence)
    (presuming you pass first time) Full Licence

Theory Test (Truck)
    Learner Permit
    Lessons
    Driving Test (C Licence)
    Rental of Rigid Truck
    (presuming you pass first time) Full Licence

Be prepared to spend a couple of grand.