Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a warning camera failed error on S5

Options
  • 10-05-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Its still in warrenty I bought it from an online store in march

Iv checked it online into the repair center will have to wait for a reply tomorrow hopfully
    I really looked after this phone not droped it once its been in a case and I only have it since march

anyone got this issue before how do they handle it will the replace my phone or repair it

is the repair center over here or will it be sent abroad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭droidman123

biggebruv wrote: »
    Its still in warrenty I bought it from an online store in march

Iv checked it online into the repair center will have to wait for a reply tomorrow hopfully
    I really looked after this phone not droped it once its been in a case and I only have it since march

anyone got this issue before how do they handle it will the replace my phone or repair it

is the repair center over here or will it be sent abroad

Have you more info? Like where you bought it,what site? If its still in warranty you should have no problem getting it repaired/replaced, but this could depend on where you bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Have you more info? Like where you bought it,what site? If its still in warranty you should have no problem getting it repaired/replaced, but this could depend on where you bought it

shopone.ie based in dublin

I paid 409 for it

and its on meteor/emobile

when I was checking into the rapair online thing putting the model number serial number it said it was still in warrenty so hopfully im good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭droidman123

shopone.ie based in dublin

I paid 409 for it

and its on meteor/emobile

when I was checking into the rapair online thing putting the model number serial number it said it was still in warrenty so hopfully im good

You will be fine,shouldnt be any problems.keep us updated on how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zmare

Samsung released there version of lollipop a little while ago and it has been messing with Samsung from the s4 upwards. Camera, apps, passwords, everything. They are in the middle of working on an updated version. Until then the only thing to do is wait it out or a last resort do a factory reset after you've backed all your data up.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Check your running apps in Battery usage. Is something along the lines of qq-mcamera-daemon coming up??

• Advertisement

I did a factory reset already and it happened again after that

Now its not happened again since yesterday after i turned it off and on again so im waiting on it to pop up now

Check your running apps in Battery usage. Is something along the lines of qq-mcamera-daemon coming up??

Thats not there now but i did see that the other day strangly what does it mean

but i do see something in applications manager called unified daemon what is that for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Thats not there now but i did see that the other day strangly what does it mean

but i do see something in applications manager called unified daemon what is that for

It's some sort of bug. What you need to do is turn your phone off and start in Recovery Mode (hold the power, main and volume up buttons for a couple of seconds all at once while the phone is off) and then select the "wipe cache partition" option, then reboot your phone. Works for me, have to do it maybe once a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

upgraded to lollipop software and the phone is bollixed now. apps crashing, camera not working, battery life gone. have to say they made a total balls of the update

Advertisement