Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good low light camera 1k - 2k

Options
  • 09-05-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi folks I'm thinking of buying a second hand camera to shoot documentary style DVD's. I suppose I'm looking for a great all round camera or camcorder but especially one that can work in low light situations as a sizeable amount of what I will use it for will be at dusk or night time shoots with traffic.
    Also probably not the kindest environments for cameras with dust etc.

What would ye lot recommend :confused:

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Might be best looking at a DSLR, they have a great range these days, they have lens that would be particularly good in low light and over all they put a major effort into working well in low light. Camcorders tend to get horribly expensive once their doing something more niche than just being required to film in HD.

Couldn't recommend anything in particular model though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

The Sony A7s can practically see in the dark, though it might be a bit out of your price range.

Link

Here's a review that goes quite in depth about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8qmccMniSI

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

The Sony AX100 is amazing and a good all rounder. Top reviews too and shoots 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 South Tipperary Arts Centre

whats your budget?
    and if it's dusty environments your probably best off using a camera that doesn't have interchangeable lens.

Advertisement