Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Gateway Building for exams- parking?

Options
  • 09-05-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not a UCC student but my institute has arranged for our exams to be held in WGB_G18 (starting Monday at 10am). I know nothing about the Campus but I'm coming coming from East Cork and I just realised I don't even know if there's parking or not and since these are my first ever exams post LC, I don't want to be trying to find parking on Sundays Well.

Am I safe presuming G18 means Ground Floor room 18?

Any ideas about traffic/ parking or any other concerns I need to consider? Are there any hidden entrances I need to know about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

yes, G18 is the ground floor, room 18.
    There's about 20 visitor spaces, so basically no chance you'll get one after about half eight. (you might, but it's not something to rely on)

What time to you intend to arrive?

There's pay parking across the road, and UCC has a pay car park at Gaol Cross, five mins walk away. There's also a park and walk car park for a fiver a day about 10 minutes walk away, before the Kingsley Hotel on the straight road.
    If you're going to be early, there's a free park and walk at Dennehy's cross that's about 10 or 15 minutes walk from the WGB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thanks for the reply- I have not other requirements than getting there at least 30 mins early for my exam at 10. Which do you think is the most reliable option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Personally, I'd go in really early and get a visitor space in the WGB.
    Midleton to WGB is 30 mins if you leave at 7. That's what I do, so I'm not familiar with the timings later than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Christ church car park is opposite WGB. However I've heard before that it fills up quickly and it is paid.

Tbh if you get there early Denehys cross isn't a bad option. It's a short walk. 10 minutes at most.

However the visitor spot seems most convenient. If the weather is anything to go by at the moment. I got soaked walking to exams last week.

Advertisement