Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casting from Galaxy s2 to tv

Options
  • 09-05-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a galaxy s2 and downloaded the hd cinema app along with the chromecast app.
    I have followed all the instructions to the point where it shows on my phone that the device ( chromecast on my tv )is ready to cast.
    After the point there is no ' next ' or ' continue ' button and is so frustrating, especially when I am not up to speed on the tech side of things.

What do I do next ? If this has already been discussed then I apologise in advance.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

You need to download an app to play the video to the chromecast. I use local cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

You need to download an app to play the video to the chromecast. I use local cast.

The problem is trying to cast movies from hd cinema to the tv. There isn't any icon in the top to cast it.

I downloaded local cast but it doesn't ' connect ' with hd cinema.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Pick the movie you want to watch, go to video. When you get the pop up, instead of pressing play, hit custom. You'll see local cast in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Thanks for the replies. I don't think the s2 phone can carry out the process.
    Some of the suggested apps cannot be supported by the s2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Menu -> Cast Screen should work, it will mirror the phones screen onto the TV and allow any app you can use on the phone to be seen on the TV.

No specific additional casting app needed.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Localcast app

Advertisement