Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good artists for colourful/cartoon tattoo?

Options
  • 09-05-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm looking for an artist for a new tattoo, I'm getting a cartoon and I want it to be full of colour. All of the portfolios I've been looking at are quite limited to dark shadowed pieces. Anyone have an artist they could recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Wow, not long since your last one! :P

For colour, I know you've already been to rob mulligan, right? He's great with colour.

There's also Atilla in Slin City (he worked in wildkat for years). His colour work is class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tibasaur

Haha I'm surprised you remember! I got Rob to do the last ones and I was so happy with what he did! Couldn't recommend him enough to anyone! I'd like to try someone new though, a different style, because this tattoo is going to be completely different haha :) I'll look up Atilla's portfolio now thanks so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Well I'm the one who advised you to post here :P so yeah, I remember. I just have a new username :D

Atilla is savage, definitely worth a look.

Denise in Snakebite does nice colour too, but probably not what you're looking for stylistically

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Also check out Jack Mangan, I think he is working out of tallaght ink, I was recommended him + rob Mulligan for something similar, haven't got around to getting started yet.

Ah no way haha I had a feeling it might have been you. My friend recommended someone out in Tallaght, and if his portfolio wasn't so good I wouldn't be bothered with the distance but it's exactly what I'm looking for soooo trek it is haha. Thanks for the help <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Jack Mangan is the best bet for the style of tattoo you want. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Have a look at the work from a French artist called Olivier Julliand, amazing stuff if you're into cartoon and loads of colour. Not that you're going to France but always good to have reference material or ideas.

(Think I spelt his name right) - edited :)

Link - http://instagram.com/olivierjulliand

Jack Mangan is the lad in Tallaght I'm hoping to go to :) thanks guys!

Advertisement