Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing gun stock from US

Options
  • 09-05-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hello,

A relative has a rifle stock that I want imported to Ireland from the US... but I don't have the faintest idea of how to do it or if it's legal... can it just be popped in a box and posted? If so at time of posting you must put a description on the parcel, this is the bit that worries me, I would rather not put down firearm accessory as it sounds dangerous...

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chucks17hmr

Also I have a licence for the rifle I'm going putting the stock on...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Just put down 'stock' and post it.

Customs might get it and request your licence to release it, I know they did for me anyway. They may be some rules about exportation state side, mine came from Boyds so they knew the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I wouldn't just post it it could be in breach of the itar regulations which is a felony in america which is very serious. I would have your relative contact the atf check and have in writing that it dose not need an export licence. Itar regulations are no joke and are taken seriously which is why not so many places export.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

What type of stock and what type of rifle ? Over this side customs may be nosey but a stock is nothing but a piece of wood or plastic, same goes for the likes of conventional scopes, scope mounts, slings, sling swivels, bipods, shooting sticks and so on....they can be fitted to or complement the functionality of a firearm but as such they're not component parts of a firearm. Component parts are bits that are essential to the working of a firearm like firing pins, bolts, springs, barrels, extractor claws, trigger mechanisms and so on. If you don't need a licence to possess it you don't need a permit to import it into Ireland.

Advertisement