Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Fitting Dublin

Options
  • 09-05-2015 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend somewhere to get a bike fitted in Dublin? I use mine for commuting, nothing more serious than that, but my shoulders have been getting sore and I feel that I'm stretching to reach the handlebars. I'm sure the setup needs adjusting and I'd prefer to get it done properly instead of playing around with it myself (and possibly making it worse!).

Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Most shops will give you a basic fit. If you are only using your bike for commuting I don't think you need a full fit (which can be around €100 and take some time)

There are also online resources which you may want to investigate. Here's one for example:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Thanks Beasty - I'll have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Kerryite wrote: »
    Thanks Beasty - I'll have a look!

Hard to set it up right without some of the equipment like a proper stand to hold you and the bike while someone else uses their judgement based on the video. If that video doesn't work for you then I'd recommend Frank in Ritchies bike store in swords. Takes about 2 hours and is 100e.

If it's a subtle change that is needed I doubt you'll pick up on it yourself.

Advertisement