Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto 360 Availability Ireland

Options
  • 08-05-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello all. I noted that in the US, the Moto 360 is going for $179 now in Best Buy and other retailers, about €160.

At the moment, it is still €249 in Argos. I haven't really been able to find it cheaper in any other physical shops in Ireland. It's not stocked in Currys/PC World/Carphone Warehouse.

Also, Amazon UK has it for £179, or €250! Plus shipping or parcel motel, so not an option.

Has anyone been able to find a good value Moto 360 in Ireland? Anyone have any luck in shipping electronic goods from US to Ireland? Best Buy do not ship internationally.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Hello all. I noted that in the US, the Moto 360 is going for $179 now in Best Buy and other retailers, about €160.

At the moment, it is still €249 in Argos. I haven't really been able to find it cheaper in any other physical shops in Ireland. It's not stocked in Currys/PC World/Carphone Warehouse.

Also, Amazon UK has it for £179, or €250! Plus shipping or parcel motel, so not an option.

Has anyone been able to find a good value Moto 360 in Ireland? Anyone have any luck in shipping electronic goods from US to Ireland? Best Buy do not ship internationally.

Many thanks!

Count me as someone else who would love to get his hands on a cheap moto 360!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its hit £150 before:
    Current £163.00 May 07, 2015
    Highest * £199.99 Jan 08, 2015
    Lowest * £149.00 Apr 25, 2015
    Average + £174.80 -

Thats €205 right now (rates still suck). Not a terrible deal, EU prices area always higher than US for this kinda stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ED E wrote: »
    Its hit £150 before:

Thats €205 right now (rates still suck). Not a terrible deal, EU prices area always higher than US for this kinda stuff.

Isn't the replacement due soon enough? Should be some big discounts then.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭buachailldana

Isn't the replacement due soon enough? Should be some big discounts then.

Rumors that we might see the second generation 360 in September, suppose I'll wait and see for a while.

Frustrating when it is €90 less in the States than here, even if shipping was €30, would still be a bargain if possible to get shipped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I got it for 199 off meteor 2 weeks ago. It's at 229 now but I'd pay the extra for warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Amazon.de have them for €190. I had a €10 voucher so picked it up there and cancelled my recent ibood order that still hadn't shipped by Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭buachailldana

Amazon.de have them for €190. I had a €10 voucher so picked it up there and cancelled my recent ibood order that still hadn't shipped by Saturday

Cool thanks, found it there for €189! Do they ship from Amazon.de directly to Ireland, or did you have to do something else? Free shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

No free shipping unfortunately, I think it's about €7 to post here.

Dont see a thread on the Gen2 on boards.

Motorola Moto 360 2: Release date and price UK
    Unlike some tech launches, you don't need to wait months or even weeks because the Moto 360 2 goes on sale straight away. That means you can go buy it today, 2 September, despite rumours Motorola wouldn't announce the device for a few days yet. However, the official site simply allows you to pre-order with the black 42mm model stating an estimated shipping date of 28 September.
    In the UK the Moto 360 2 will start at £229 when you build it on the Moto Maker. Price will then go up depending on which model you choose, what size you want and strap etc. See below for the customisation options and pricing.

Bit steep. Wonder how long we'd wait for a price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Is this still the best smartwatch you can buy? Or are there better ones available?

• Advertisement

Techmaster wrote: »
    Is this still the best smartwatch you can buy? Or are there better ones available?

Some would say yes, some no. With everything tech theres no one word answer.

Linus of LTT really likes them and one of the TechnoBufallo crew swears by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

There is a new version coming this month, much more expensive though.

I think for the price there isnt anything else to compare, but if you are willing to spend a little more then there are newer watches with better processors.

nedd wrote: »

I think for the price there isnt anything else to compare, but if you are willing to spend a little more then there are newer watches with better processors.

2 posts up...

2 posts up...

true point!

I clicked "Jump to unread post" and didn't scroll up.

I want the new Moto 360 but the 46mm model is coming in a €370 :eek:

nedd wrote: »

It's more than double the price of the 1st gen. :eek:

Think I'll stick with the 1st gen :P £120 isn't bad.

Asus ZenWatch? There is a new one of those coming as well.

It's more than double the price of the 1st gen. :eek:

Think I'll stick with the 1st gen :P £120 isn't bad.

Old one has just come down in price. It was 200GBP not long ago, then fell to 150. New one has just devalued it.

Old one has just come down in price. It was 200GBP not long ago, then fell to 150. New one has just devalued it.

Ah right.

It would be the best watch for that price though yeah?

I'm thinking Black Leather, what do you guys have?

At £120 its good value. Best is relative. Pebble has its merits, G Watch R is decent. Theres plenty of good reviews on youtube (note: check the date, some things complained about in videos were fixed in later versions of android wear).

I've a brown leather 360 and will pick up the 2nd gen when it drops to around €200 (config I want is €350 right now). Currently is not worth upgrading at the price. Or something else if it comes along in the meantime.

• Advertisement

Got an email from Amazon.de this morning.

Lg urbane €240
    Asus zenwatch €200
    Moto 360 €144
    Huawei something like €450

For those prices I think the urbane is the nicest and best.

Got the 360 today - very nice! Pretty impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Anyone know how I can get my hands on the 2nd Gen 360? The UK Motorola site won't deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Got the 360 today - very nice! Pretty impressed so far.

Care to give us a review? Now that I've gone to the Dark Side (Android :pac:) I might as well go the whole hog.

And with Christmas coming, the Mrs. is always searching for that special gift for me....

Advertisement