Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King of Shaves Hyperglide.

Options
  • 08-05-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭

Came across this new type of razor,has water activated lubrication so doesn't need gel or cream.
    Can't link so tough.Reviews look reasonably good enough and cartridges are cheap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

• Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How would they fit in a cartridge?

kneemos wrote: »
    How would they fit in a cartridge?

They don't.

An old school double edge safety razor will cost you about €20-€30 for the handle and last the rest of your life. After that, you only need a tenner for blades and one or two tubs of shaving cream year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

lizzyman wrote: »
    They don't.

An old school double edge safety razor will cost you about €20-€30 for the handle and last the rest of your life. After that, you only need a tenner for blades and one or two tubs of shaving cream year.

Seems like a great way of saving cash.

I've spent a lot on blades, mach3 and fusion down through the years. So much money that I actually bought one of those shave pits to make the blades last longer

Might switch to these, a years supply for a tenner seems great value.

One question, would they "cut the face off"? I don't want to end up with a face like Edward Scissorhands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

boobar wrote: »

I've spent a lot on blades, mach3 and fusion down through the years. So much money that I actually bought one of those shave pits to make the blades last longer

One question, would they "cut the face off"? I don't want to end up with a face like Edward Scissorhands.

It takes getting used to, no question. I cut myself a bit when I started but now I can go reasonably quick and careful with no cuts or irritation. That's with feathers as well which are one of the sharpest. Well worth it imo. My neck used to be cut to shreds when using a mach 3

• Advertisement

boobar wrote: »

There is a definite learning curve as you have to set the angle and pressure manually as the head doesn't pivot and adjust like a cartridge. But it's a far better shave and you get to avoid feeling like your wallet has been picked by Gilette :)

Advertisement