Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

polling card name spelling

Options
  • 08-05-2015 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Hi,

my polling card arrived at my new address today. I noticed however there is a spelling mistake in my surname (m replaced with n). Will I still be able to vote?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yes, you do not actually need your polling card to vote. Just bring some form of photo ID with you, and you can update the register whenever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Same with me, I have a spelling mistake on my polling card too. And I didn't even register! My French girlfriend registered for me somehow. Some politician called to the door, asked if anyone in the house was eligible to vote. She gave my name and I received a polling card in the post with the misspelling.

Advertisement