Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site dropping in SERP

Options
  • 08-05-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

My site for the term " wedding video cork" has dropped from no 2 to no 6.

Is my site too spammy ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Screen-Shot-2015-05-08-at-12.35.38.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25,755 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I just searched that phrase on my phone.

Your site isn't recognised by Google as "mobile friendly". This will be affecting your results on mobile.

i searched on desktop, too, and your are the bottom of the map list, and 4th in the website entries list.

FWIW.

My site is mobile optimised . Showing up perfect on my iPhone.

I can't understand why I'm so low on google maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Like above, I'm seeing you at G (7th) in the 7 pack and number 4 in the regular listing. Your own searching profile might be skewing your results.

Your site does appear to be unnaturally pushing location keywords excessively and has 2 SEO plugins at work. You should be able to get a much more effective location (7 pack) listing if you integrate your Google assets together: http://www.kitchenbathchannel.com/pro-tips/ultimate-checklist-to-cracking-googles-7-pack This should improve your 7 pack (what you are calling the Google Maps list) rank.

Your article css classes are massively stuffed with keywords. I'm sure this does not get indexed as a factor, it's certainly not supposed to be, but I reckon it's always a bad idea to use any form of keyword stuffing. You are also excessively stuffing some alt attributes and file names with keywords well beyond their supposed descriptive function, definitely a bad idea. Similarly you have headings being exactly duplicated in subheadings resulting in keywords being too close to each other which is another thing to avoid. This also has the effect of looking like you are writing too much unnatural copy with SEO in mind when you should prioritise your copy naturally for your audience first and foremost above keyword considerations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's not properly mobile optimsed. It doesn't even scale properly on a reduced desktop window, and on my phone the layout and some resizing are 'off'. It looks like you have not set the viewport which is the signal Google mainly uses for determining mobile friendly.

You also have at least one broken link on the homepage [to http://www.ashmoreproductions.com/wedding-video-cork/ ]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,755 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

texanman wrote: »
    My site is mobile optimised . Showing up perfect on my iPhone.

Irrelevant.

When I see you site in SERPs on my phone, it doesn't say "Mobile friendly". That means Google doesn't believe it's mobile-optimised, and that's what matters!

(sorry, I don't know how to fix it, but can in this case identify the problem).

I'll look into that , just looked at google and its not showing up as " Mobile friendly". when i clicked on the link it came up as a mobile version. I'm using Prophoto . There is a mobile option whichI just switch on, I really don't have any control over it.

Thanks Tricky D for that link. I'm going to read up on that now. I have also cleaned up some of my headers.

Ty Mrs OBumble, appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

I think it has to do with your low or no engament on google plus. The keyword returned mostly google plus enhance pages. So maybe it time you kick start a google plus campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gheghici

Your website is mobile friendly, so you don't have to worry about that: http s://www. google. com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww .ashmoreproductions.com%2F (delete the spaces, I'm not allowed to post urls))
    According to Google's latest algorithm change (some call it mobilegeddon), to be mobile ready all you need to do is pass that test.

Your site could be flagged for spam, for the following keywords:
    wedding - Occurrences: 55 - Density: 4.49%
    cork - 30 - 2.45%
    kerry - 17 - 1.22%
    video - 25 - 2.04%
    wedding video - 16 - 1.31%

Still, don't amend your content yet, if the website would be flagged as spammy, you would disappear from SERP, not just drop a few places.

One of the tools I used gave me this alert: This URL can't be analysed. Your server is blocking our robot.
    What messages do you have in Webmaster Tools? Couldn't find your robots.txt to see if there are any rules in place blocking some robots.

I would try to put the website in some relevant Irish directories. Right now you only have a few backlinks pointing to your website. SOme from your blogspot blog and one from the developer, beapenguin.

Good luck with your website!

I just used the robots.txt tester on webmaster tools and it said 0 errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

Dont go changing anything simply from speculation, your drop might have nothing to do with any of your actions, it could be simply your competitors putting in extra work to try and rank which in turn will drive you down, although I have a feeling either you or a service you once used is the issue, as anyone blocking bots via robots.txt has SEO knowledge and has done this on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

My site for the term " wedding video cork" has dropped from no 2 to no 6.
    There's too many moving parts for any of us to ever give a 'why' to this. You've received some great advice that's well worth listening to and will help, but it could be completely unrelated to the 'drop' there.

The 'drop' could well be your competition putting in more work. It could be due to a change in the algorithm causing your site to be seen as less authoritative or valuable than it used to be. You might have lost links (or had them drop in value due to a change in site architecture or internal linking on another site). Your change in link velocity (speed of gaining new links) might have impacted you. Links that had been helping you might have lost value for spammy things others are doing. Or a combination of all (or none) of the above.

Forget about the drop. Just focus on how you can improve the site going forward.
    Is my site too spammy ?
    If you're even asking this question and not in an outrage screaming "Google messed up, my site is 100% brilliant", I think it's safe to say the answer is yes. Even if you were in an outrage, about 75% of the time it still turns out the answer is yes... just that the site owners didn't realise it.

The algo changes all the time to either improve results or to help avoid gaming of it. It's moving goal posts, so something that was 'fine' (in theory) yesterday might not be today. If you've any doubts about something being spammy, get rid of it. If you can't stand over it and say "I did this to help the users or to help the search engines understand my site better to help the users" it's something that's in danger of becoming out of date in the future.
    I think it has to do with your low or no engament on google plus. The keyword returned mostly google plus enhance pages. So maybe it time you kick start a google plus campaign.
    It's not.
    Having an active G+ campaign can make a dramatic impact on rankings for those that have you or other users that +1 your site in their social circles, but it isn't the cause for an unpersonalised (so personalisation of results, where elements like social activity can kick in, isn't a factor - append "&pws=0" onto your searches for a quick look at the impact) rankings drop like this.
    gheghici wrote: »
    According to Google's latest algorithm change (some call it mobilegeddon), to be mobile ready all you need to do is pass that test.
    That test is the baseline, the absolute minimum people should be aiming for (to avoid major hits in rankings, due to the major hits it causes for users), but not the target.

The elements that make up "mobile friendly" are all about user experience. Ease of use, page speed, correct layout of the information... these all have a DRAMATIC impact on the performance of your site when it comes to conversions and sales.

Yes, get your site to be mobile friendly in the Google test tool. But keep working on those areas and aim to go a lot further with it. Chat with your developer(s) about it, you'd be shocked what they can achieve with a small amount of time in that area if they know what they're doing.

Still, don't amend your content yet, if the website would be flagged as spammy, you would disappear from SERP, not just drop a few places.
    Just because there isn't a site-wide manual penalty doesn't mean the site isn't suffering due to 'spam' related issues. There are lots of ways it would suffer algorithmically before it would be flagged for the attention of a manual penalty.

If you've good advice to work on, like that provided by Tricky & MOB, act on it. Go further and look at what all you think is crossing lines and work on improving that. A website is an evolving and iterative thing, it's never 'done', so keep working hard on it.
    I would try to put the website in some relevant Irish directories.
    Yes, get more links... but focus on getting high-quality ones. You're working in an area that has incredible visuals (or should) and that media sites will jump at promoting if you give them something worth promoting. Be creative, put together some content that will wow people and earn some serious backlinks that will drive traffic, generate business, earn trust in users... and as a side impact of all that help with rankings.

I just used the robots.txt tester on webmaster tools and it said 0 errors.
    It's not a robots.txt error, it's just that your site is blocking a specific bot from crawling it. Some bots, for tools that on the surface 'help' you, are known to do nasty things and scrape your content so it's quite possible that you want that bot being blocked. Toss of a coin there, it's impossible to know for sure without investigating what bot it is and how/why it's blocked, but it's certainly not an 'error'.
    dgerryd wrote: »
    Dont go changing anything simply from speculation, your drop might have nothing to do with any of your actions
    Completely agree that the drop might be completely irrelevant to anything you've done, but equally disagree that you should not change things. If you're changing them for the better, you certainly do want to make changes.

There's too many moving parts for any of us to ever give a 'why' to this. You've received some great advice that's well worth listening to and will help, but it could be completely unrelated to the 'drop' there.

The 'drop' could well be your competition putting in more work. It could be due to a change in the algorithm causing your site to be seen as less authoritative or valuable than it used to be. You might have lost links (or had them drop in value due to a change in site architecture or internal linking on another site). Your change in link velocity (speed of gaining new links) might have impacted you. Links that had been helping you might have lost value for spammy things others are doing. Or a combination of all (or none) of the above.

Forget about the drop. Just focus on how you can improve the site going forward.

If you're even asking this question and not in an outrage screaming "Google messed up, my site is 100% brilliant", I think it's safe to say the answer is yes. Even if you were in an outrage, about 75% of the time it still turns out the answer is yes... just that the site owners didn't realise it.

The algo changes all the time to either improve results or to help avoid gaming of it. It's moving goal posts, so something that was 'fine' (in theory) yesterday might not be today. If you've any doubts about something being spammy, get rid of it. If you can't stand over it and say "I did this to help the users or to help the search engines understand my site better to help the users" it's something that's in danger of becoming out of date in the future.

It's not.
    Having an active G+ campaign can make a dramatic impact on rankings for those that have you or other users that +1 your site in their social circles, but it isn't the cause for an unpersonalised (so personalisation of results, where elements like social activity can kick in, isn't a factor - append "&pws=0" onto your searches for a quick look at the impact) rankings drop like this.

That test is the baseline, the absolute minimum people should be aiming for (to avoid major hits in rankings, due to the major hits it causes for users), but not the target.

The elements that make up "mobile friendly" are all about user experience. Ease of use, page speed, correct layout of the information... these all have a DRAMATIC impact on the performance of your site when it comes to conversions and sales.

Yes, get your site to be mobile friendly in the Google test tool. But keep working on those areas and aim to go a lot further with it. Chat with your developer(s) about it, you'd be shocked what they can achieve with a small amount of time in that area if they know what they're doing.

Just because there isn't a site-wide manual penalty doesn't mean the site isn't suffering due to 'spam' related issues. There are lots of ways it would suffer algorithmically before it would be flagged for the attention of a manual penalty.

If you've good advice to work on, like that provided by Tricky & MOB, act on it. Go further and look at what all you think is crossing lines and work on improving that. A website is an evolving and iterative thing, it's never 'done', so keep working hard on it.

Yes, get more links... but focus on getting high-quality ones. You're working in an area that has incredible visuals (or should) and that media sites will jump at promoting if you give them something worth promoting. Be creative, put together some content that will wow people and earn some serious backlinks that will drive traffic, generate business, earn trust in users... and as a side impact of all that help with rankings.

It's not a robots.txt error, it's just that your site is blocking a specific bot from crawling it. Some bots, for tools that on the surface 'help' you, are known to do nasty things and scrape your content so it's quite possible that you want that bot being blocked. Toss of a coin there, it's impossible to know for sure without investigating what bot it is and how/why it's blocked, but it's certainly not an 'error'.

Completely agree that the drop might be completely irrelevant to anything you've done, but equally disagree that you should not change things. If you're changing them for the better, you certainly do want to make changes.

As you can see from my comment above PaulPinnacle I in know way said

"Do "not" change anything" I said:

"Don't go changing anything simply from speculation"

Which in context means a completely different thing.

In English it implies the complete opposite to what you inferred I said, it means

"in plain English" It clearly implies:

Change what you have established and identified are as the main causing issue before doing anything else ie. "speculating"

You can go off on a rant about whatever you like, or whatever you think people will believe, but the worst part out of all your "experience" is to take what I said and change it to sound like you know better which:

A) You decided to ignore what I implied so as to sound like "now now in heinsight like a R....D"

OR

B) Your a good blogger and have no clue what your on about.

Either way I think texanman was looking for advice and the others gave a bit, sermons belong somewhere else. IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

I'd point out that it's actually C).

C) It doesn't matter if these things caused your drops or not, they're things you should change so the site owner should go change them.

A) I didn't ignore what you implied, I addressed it thoroughly. I pointed out why it was going to be incredibly difficult to outline a specific cause here and to forget about the 'drop' and just focus on best practice to increase the rank from where it currently stands. I fully stand over that.

Sure identifying exact causes of fluctuations are great (if you're into that type of thing and work in the industry), and something I'd certainly invest a lot of time into doing myself if it were my site, but in this case they're very much tangential to the aims and goals of the business. Without a very high level of knowledge (and some luck) it will be beyond most site owners.

B) Thanks for the compliments on my writing, I think?
    As for the 'no clue', mind pointing out what I said that was incorrect or inaccurate?
    I stand by every word of it.

The site owner should ignore the drop, they shouldn't worry about the cause of it (there could literally be thousands of reasons for it) and should just focus on improving things from where they currently stand. If they haven't received a search console warning (formerly Webmaster Tools) or had this drop coincide with a major algorithm change (we don't know when it occurred, so can't speculate on that), their chances of identifying a specific cause with any type of confidence are next to zero.

Even if they DID manage to identify it, what's the benefit for someone not working in the industry? They'd still be looking to make changes to improve the site in all of these other areas too. So the changes would still be made.

There's no sermon there. It's advising a site owner. Well, it was right up until I had to stand over it. This has derailed the discussion and isn't of much value to the OP, so apologies for that texanman.

PRokKmR_700wa_0.gif

I don't doubt for one second that your a good blogger & fair play @PaulPinnacle for your response :) That being said you went to a lot of effort to write your first response when you could have actually given advice which texanman could have used

texanman

Starting from the top here are actions you could take to improve your overall home pages SEO

Your first header image change file name from logo_1394105618.jpg to keywords closely related to what you want to rank for same goes for 2nd one masthead_image1_1268610958.jpg.

Change your title to target one location not "Wedding Videography Cork Kerry Laois Offaly & Tipperary logo" If your targeting cork simply make it "Wedding Videography Cork something something" and build separate pages for any of the other pages u want to target eg: Serviced Areas> Then subpages Kerry> Laois> Offaly> Tipperary and so on.

If your targeting "Wedding Video Cork" you need to change your H2 Title from "DISCREET DOCUMENTARY STYLE PROFESSIONAL WEDDING VIDEOGRAPHER" and fit "Wedding Video Cork" in there in such a way that sounds natural.

Same goes for your second H2 tag get rid of the other counties your targeting Cork again build out separate pages for other service areas.

Change your home page menu link from "home" to "Cork video"

Install a plugin called "WP htaccess Control2 and stick this code in the custom Htaccess area. Don't do this if your not very server savvy get help this will bring your site speed from the 6+ seconds it is now down to around 2 or less again this is risky if your not used to it you could break your site so be sure to back everything up actually before you do anything, it's just always a good idea to do so trust me it hurts when you don't

# BEGIN WordPress

# WPhtc: Begin Custom htaccess
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    <FilesMatch "\.(bmp|css|flv|gif|ico|jpg|jpeg|js|pdf|png|svg|swf|tif|tiff)$">
    Header set Last-Modified "Fri, June 26 2015 00:05:00 GMT"
    </FilesMatch>
    </IfModule>
    #
    # associate .js with "text/javascript" type (if not present in mime.conf)
    #
    AddType text/javascript .js

#
    # configure mod_expires
    #
    # URL: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_expires.html
    #
    <IfModule mod_expires.c>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 seconds"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 2692000 seconds"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 2692000 seconds"
    ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 2692000 seconds"
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 2692000 seconds"
    ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 2692000 seconds"
    ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 2692000 seconds"
    ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 2692000 seconds"
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 2692000 seconds"
    ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 600 seconds"
    ExpiresByType application/xhtml+xml "access plus 600 seconds"
    </IfModule>

#
    # configure mod_headers
    #
    # URL: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_headers.html
    #
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    <FilesMatch "\\.(ico|jpe?g|png|gif|swf|css|js)$">
    Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2692000, public"
    </FilesMatch>
    <FilesMatch "\\.(x?html?|php)$">
    Header set Cache-Control "max-age=600, private, must-revalidate"
    </FilesMatch>
    Header unset ETag
    Header unset Last-Modified
    </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    AddType text/css .css
    AddType text/x-component .htc
    AddType application/x-javascript .js
    AddType application/javascript .js2
    AddType text/javascript .js3
    AddType text/x-js .js4
    AddType text/html .html .htm
    AddType text/richtext .rtf .rtx
    AddType image/svg+xml .svg .svgz
    AddType text/plain .txt
    AddType text/xsd .xsd
    AddType text/xsl .xsl
    AddType text/xml .xml
    AddType video/asf .asf .asx .wax .wmv .wmx
    AddType video/avi .avi
    AddType image/bmp .bmp
    AddType application/java .class
    AddType video/divx .divx
    AddType application/msword .doc .docx
    AddType application/vnd.ms-fontobject .eot
    AddType application/x-msdownload .exe
    AddType image/gif .gif
    AddType application/x-gzip .gz .gzip
    AddType image/x-icon .ico
    AddType image/jpeg .jpg .jpeg .jpe
    AddType application/json .json
    AddType application/vnd.ms-access .mdb
    AddType audio/midi .mid .midi
    AddType video/quicktime .mov .qt
    AddType audio/mpeg .mp3 .m4a
    AddType video/mp4 .mp4 .m4v
    AddType video/mpeg .mpeg .mpg .mpe
    AddType application/vnd.ms-project .mpp
    AddType application/x-font-otf .otf
    AddType application/vnd.ms-opentype .otf
    AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database .odb
    AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart .odc
    AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula .odf
    AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics .odg
    AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation .odp
    AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet .ods
    AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text .odt
    AddType audio/ogg .ogg
    AddType application/pdf .pdf
    AddType image/png .png
    AddType application/vnd.ms-powerpoint .pot .pps .ppt .pptx
    AddType audio/x-realaudio .ra .ram
    AddType application/x-shockwave-flash .swf
    AddType application/x-tar .tar
    AddType image/tiff .tif .tiff
    AddType application/x-font-ttf .ttf .ttc
    AddType application/vnd.ms-opentype .ttf .ttc
    AddType audio/wav .wav
    AddType audio/wma .wma
    AddType application/vnd.ms-write .wri
    AddType application/font-woff .woff
    AddType application/vnd.ms-excel .xla .xls .xlsx .xlt .xlw
    AddType application/zip .zip
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_expires.c>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType text/css A31536000
    ExpiresByType text/x-component A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/javascript A31536000
    ExpiresByType text/javascript A31536000
    ExpiresByType text/x-js A31536000
    ExpiresByType text/html A3600
    ExpiresByType text/richtext A3600
    ExpiresByType image/svg+xml A3600
    ExpiresByType text/plain A3600
    ExpiresByType text/xsd A3600
    ExpiresByType text/xsl A3600
    ExpiresByType text/xml A3600
    ExpiresByType video/asf A31536000
    ExpiresByType video/avi A31536000
    ExpiresByType image/bmp A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/java A31536000
    ExpiresByType video/divx A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/msword A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-fontobject A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/x-msdownload A31536000
    ExpiresByType image/gif A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/x-gzip A31536000
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon A31536000
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/json A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-access A31536000
    ExpiresByType audio/midi A31536000
    ExpiresByType video/quicktime A31536000
    ExpiresByType audio/mpeg A31536000
    ExpiresByType video/mp4 A31536000
    ExpiresByType video/mpeg A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-project A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/x-font-otf A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-opentype A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text A31536000
    ExpiresByType audio/ogg A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/pdf A31536000
    ExpiresByType image/png A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-powerpoint A31536000
    ExpiresByType audio/x-realaudio A31536000
    ExpiresByType image/svg+xml A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/x-tar A31536000
    ExpiresByType image/tiff A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/x-font-ttf A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-opentype A31536000
    ExpiresByType audio/wav A31536000
    ExpiresByType audio/wma A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-write A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/font-woff A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-excel A31536000
    ExpiresByType application/zip A31536000
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_deflate.c>
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
    </IfModule>
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/x-component application/x-javascript application/javascript text/javascript text/x-js text/html text/richtext image/svg+xml text/plain text/xsd text/xsl text/xml image/x-icon application/json
    <IfModule mod_mime.c>
    # DEFLATE by extension
    AddOutputFilter DEFLATE js css htm html xml
    </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    <FilesMatch "\.(css|htc|less|js|js2|js3|js4|CSS|HTC|LESS|JS|JS2|JS3|JS4)$">
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Pragma "public"
    Header append Cache-Control "public"
    Header unset Set-Cookie
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>
    <FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|rtf|rtx|svg|svgz|txt|xsd|xsl|xml|HTML|HTM|RTF|RTX|SVG|SVGZ|TXT|XSD|XSL|XML)$">
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>
    <FilesMatch "\.(asf|asx|wax|wmv|wmx|avi|bmp|class|divx|doc|docx|eot|exe|gif|gz|gzip|ico|jpg|jpeg|jpe|json|mdb|mid|midi|mov|qt|mp3|m4a|mp4|m4v|mpeg|mpg|mpe|mpp|otf|odb|odc|odf|odg|odp|ods|odt|ogg|pdf|png|pot|pps|ppt|pptx|ra|ram|svg|svgz|swf|tar|tif|tiff|ttf|ttc|wav|wma|wri|woff|xla|xls|xlsx|xlt|xlw|zip|ASF|ASX|WAX|WMV|WMX|AVI|BMP|CLASS|DIVX|DOC|DOCX|EOT|EXE|GIF|GZ|GZIP|ICO|JPG|JPEG|JPE|JSON|MDB|MID|MIDI|MOV|QT|MP3|M4A|MP4|M4V|MPEG|MPG|MPE|MPP|OTF|ODB|ODC|ODF|ODG|ODP|ODS|ODT|OGG|PDF|PNG|POT|PPS|PPT|PPTX|RA|RAM|SVG|SVGZ|SWF|TAR|TIF|TIFF|TTF|TTC|WAV|WMA|WRI|WOFF|XLA|XLS|XLSX|XLT|XLW|ZIP)$">
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header unset Set-Cookie
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>
    # WPhtc: End Custom htaccess

I would change out the facebook widget in the footer and add this local business schema code

<!-- Start by initiating the schema type -->
    <div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/LocalBusiness"&gt;
    <!-- Add the identifier for business name -->
    <span itemprop="name">{Your Business Name Here}</span>
    <!-- Add the identifier for business description -->
    <span itemprop=”description”>{Your description here}</span>
    <!-- Initiate the address sub-type -->
    <div itemprop="address" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/PostalAddress"&gt;
    <!-- Add street address -->
    <span itemprop="streetAddress">{Your street address here}</span>
    <!-- Add city -->
    <span itemprop="addressLocality">{Your city here}</span>,
    <!-- Add state and zip -->
    <span itemprop="addressRegion">{Your state here}</span> <span itemprop="postalCode">{Your zip here}</span>
    <!-- End address sub-type -->
    </div>
    <!-- Add the lat/long geo sub-type -->
    <div itemprop="geo" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/GeoCoordinates"&gt;
    <!-- Add Latitude -->
    <meta itemprop="latitude" content="{Your Latitude here}" />
    <!-- Add Longitude -->
    <meta itemprop="longitude" content="{Your Longitude here}" />
    <!-- End sub schema block -->
    </div>
    <!-- Add phone -->
    <span itemprop="telephone">{Your telephone here}</span>
    <!-- End schema block -->
    </div>

Get rid of this link in the footer "ProPhoto Website by NetRivet, Inc." and replace it with a keyword link to your home page.

Do these few things and you will be in better shape going forward good luck.

Advertisement