Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really bad experience with <carpet shop>

Options
  • 08-05-2015 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I bought carpets from <carpet shop> on 27-March-2015 and paid 620 Euros in full including the installation of Carpets. Then we scheduled installation of the carpets for 24th April. The carpet installer only finished half of the work on that day and promised to install it next day. But did n't come back to finish installation until 1st of May and that even after constantly chasing them. Then we realised he did n't fit some of the bars between carpet and tiles and some of the carpet installation was very untidy. Then to-date I am trying to chace <carpet shop> guys and they kept making false promises and they have n't managed to fix my carpet installation yet. I was on to their HQ, but a guy took the phone and spoke like why dont I fit the bars myself? I regret that I went with <carpet shop> for carpets now and I need a resolution to this problem and let other consumers know my experience.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Was the carpet fitting service provided directly by carpet shop or by an independent fitter? Sometimes shops don't provide fitting themselves but have an independent fitter who you can hire under a separate contract (even though you pay for both in the shop). The T&Cs on your sales docket should state indicate if the fitting is independent from the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jiju.george

<carpet shop> has their on fitting department. Fitting was done by their fitting department. The <snip> shop from where I bought the carper is saying its their fitting department that should handle this. From what I see it looks like the selling department also is not happy with their fitting department.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod note: OP, please do not identify the business, the issue can be discussed without it.

Not sure if you've been dealing with the shop manager face to face yet but if not then try that first.
    If that doesn't work then write to the shop manager (use recorded delivery). Be factual. Outline the problems, when you reported them to the shop, their responses and the lack of satisfactory resolution. Include photos especially if the carpet is a trip hazard or likely to start fraying. Tell them what you want i.e. the fitting done correctly and give them a deadline (10 business days would be reasonable) after which time you will go to the Small Claims Court. They might even get them to agree to pay for another fitter if they can't get their own guys out quickly.

You might not even need to go to the SCC but if you do it'll only cost you €25.

Advertisement