Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecturing Job application query

Options
  • 07-05-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a quick query if you don't mind. I am currently a 3rd PhD student in a Institute, I am also employed in the same Institute as a part-time Assistant Lecturer (hour rate). There is a position becoming available in September that I feel I am suitable for. Do you know are there any issues with me applying for such position, even if I am currently a student in the same Institute? If by some miracle I am successful I will be looking to defer the final year of my PhD for a year anyway. But I am worried that my application won't even make it past HR if they see I am a current student. I have been employed there in the part-time role since 2010 so have some considerable experience. My scholarship funding for the PhD also comes through the same institute.

Thanks.

Advertisement