Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I already have a phone and just got myself a tablet, wi-fi only and have questions,

Options
  • 07-05-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

Phone is One M8 and tablet is Samsung Tab S 10.5"
    Is it actually possible to play PC games on the tablet? I've seen mixed responses. I know it'll depend on the game and a windows tablet would be better but this is what I chose. I'm not going to pirate games or anything but I'm talking about freeware, like the old Command and Conquer games, for example.

Here's what I wanna know: with saved games, can I transfer them straight from the phone to the tablet with Bluetooth or would I need to go with using a PC, copying the files from one device to the PC, then from the PC to the second device? This would be for Android apps/games only.

Am I able to use a mouse through bluetooth? I got told I can and cannot by two different blokes in the shop so I'm not too sure on this.

In terms of rooting it, what I'm mainly looking for is getting more battery life and maybe more "oomph" performance wise. I'm also wondering if rooting it has any bearing on my Google account at all.

In terms of control pads for gaming, are there any recommended ones for that size of a tablet? Also with the ones that attach themselves to the tablet, will it be okay to hold up in the air or would I have to have it flat/leaning on something. For example now I can hold the tablet with both hands and it's supported evenly. Will it be the same with an attachable controller or am I looking at it potentially falling out/damaging the tablet?

Same thing without the question about holding it but for a keyboard. The tablet is primarily going to be used for office based work and maybe some very basic programming. Is it possible to get differently sized keyboards with a bit more space between keys or is it one size of keyboard only type of deal? The official keyboard in the shop was annoying for me to use but I can get used to it if it's the only choice.

And lastly, I believe apps need to be saved to the device itself (not a memory card) to be used. But is it possible to copy the data in the OBB folders to the memory card when not needed and just move them back. I figure I'll have a fair few large games on it. I'd rather just move the large OBB folders around instead of deleting and then downloading everything again later.

Thanks for any help I get. :)

Advertisement