Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOG galaxy

Options
  • 07-05-2015 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Anyone try it yet if so what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I've had it about a week now. It's okay. Downloads seem a lot slower than using the GOG Downloader (which is crazy fast). I also wish they'd put a pause download button in and maybe it's just me but the list of installed games doesn't seem to do anything. I really like that it and most of its features are optional though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'm very impressed so far, it's a very light application, which is good.
    I do hope it stays light and not a resource hog like steam is.

I still like downloading full games manually and backing them up,
    but this looks ideal as you can scan already installed GOG games as well as remove them.
    That's nice as I can keep a few installed and forget about the rest of my GOG games until I want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm liking it.

They're planning matchmaking eventually, aren't they? That'll be interesting for older multiplayer games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

I just got the beta, It's nice but still buggy as hell, Wish they would let you change your name, anyway not a bad start i wonder what i will be like in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

just got this myself.

I must say i am impressed, if they can build up their library of games it may be a decent rival to steam in years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It seems rather unnecessary outside of official-servers for games. If they just released their games as one download rather than splitting them into a bunch I'd probably not even use it.

I'd actually really like it if they made a galaxy fork as a command line program. On windows or linux it would just be nice to be able to sign in to my GOG account and list, download, update, remove or modify my purchases with text. The UI is nothing special and I find the thing just takes a bit too long to start up. I just want to download and play my games.

Advertisement