Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Clare Railway

Options
  • 07-05-2015 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone know the schedule of "West Clare Railway" in 2015? The official site (*1) shows only the schedule in 2013. Another site (*2) shows the schedule in 2015, but this might be just for the museum, not for the railway service.

(*1)
    www DOT westclarerailway DOT ie

(*2)
    Google "the-west-clare-railway-and-heritage-centre 12269"

(Sorry for the inconvenience. I cannot attach URLs because I am a new user.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Their contact details can be found on the link below. Drop them an email or give them a call and they'll help you out.

http://www.westclarerailway.ie/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It is a real disappointment to see the website has not been updated since 2013.

That alone must surely discourage visitors ...... abandoned websites are plentiful on the internet and usually get ignored.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I go by there most Sundays & there's been no sign of life since Christmas, they seem to open only when they feel like it, not very professional at all! I get the impression they only open if they've got a guaranteed party turning up or when they expect seasonal business such as Halloween & Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is this still open, or is there a published schedule anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Maybe the pub beside it could have info. Garrihys.
    http://www.yourlocal.ie/company/574235518115840

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Palmach

Folks this place is a disaster. Calls are unanswered and no one knows when it is open or even if it is open. A real pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Try the Railway bar in Ennis (across from the Old Ground hotel) its owned by the same family ( Whelans) that own the W.Clare railway in Moyasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Message on WCR FB page reads "Hello to all our railway friends, spread the word we will be steaming on Tuesday the 26th @ 12pm"!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

Apologies mods for digging up an old thread but does anyone know what's going on at Moyasta these days? I drove past there within the last couple of weeks as well as a few times last summer and didn't see any sign of life.

I did the odd bit of work for Whelan and Co. years back but I've changed phones a few times since then and no longer have a contact number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joefrombelow69

Did you try the numbers listed on the website?

Mob: +353 87 791 9289
    Mob: +353 86 805 2614
    Email: info@westclarerailway.ie

I’ve been meaning to get in contact with them over the location of C227 with a while now, but haven’t got the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

Thanks @joefrombelow69 I will try those numbers.

Yes I have heard bits and pieces about the mystery of that engine although you probably would be more well-versed on the scene than I am…

Advertisement