Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling time trials for triathletes

Options
  • 07-05-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

There are very few chances for triathletes to test themselves over a standard distance (20k, 40k etc) for training, race preparation, pacing, technique practice and so on. We regularly do TT's for running and swimming, but not cycling. Clubs do sometimes organise them, but only occasionally and usually closed to just that club.

Would you think there would be a call for an organised TT series open to all triathletes (and cyclists)?

I did a few in the past with cycling clubs and I really enjoyed them and it was a great chance to see how I could do and try to improve my time.

Would you think a small number of events early in the season would be a good idea or should they be ongoing through the season, probably in mid-week? I'm thinking of how successful Park Run is and they are on every week. People seem to like regular events.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Where are you based? There's a series that's very popular in Galway that is organised by Tri Lakes TC. Wednesday evenings I believe. I think they start in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭pc11

Thanks, I was thinking of the Dublin area. But good to know about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Cuchulainn in Dundalk run a time trial league starting early June

www.cuchulainncc.com

Cuchulainn in Dundalk run a time trial league starting early June

www.cuchulainncc.com

I can't actually find the TT league on that site? Can you point me to it? Is it open to all or just the club?

pc11 wrote: »
    I can't actually find the TT league on that site? Can you point me to it? Is it open to all or just the club?

Probably just not updated yet. First tt is June 7th. You will need min a limited comp cycling ireland licence to partake

• Advertisement

Ah, ok, I was thinking of open to all events, like a running road race or park run. Or at worst a TI licence or one day permit.

pc11 wrote: »
    Ah, ok, I was thinking of open to all events, like a running road race or park run. Or at worst a TI licence or one day permit.

No unfortunately not.

Pulse run a TT league from may-june but you have to be a member to partake

Advertisement