Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Ireland Training Day - Beginners

Options
  • 07-05-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

has anybody on here been to one of these and what are they like?

I'd be a fairly experienced open water swimmer and have recently taken up running (slowly!). hoping to do a sprint triathlon this year

just wondering are these training days geared to complete beginners who have never done anything at all, or to triathlon beginners who have a good level of fitness from other sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

this is the first time I heard about this. Although I'm not beginner I would be willing to join anybody for open water swim since I haven't done it in Ireland yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

They held on in Galway a couple of years ago and it was a mix of all levels. Chance to get help and tips from experienced coaches, we'd a pool session followed by the open water dip.

Load of guidance on dealing with choppy water, making the entry and exit, sighting etc.

Well worth it, cos you never stop learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

If it's open water training you are after and are on the east coast, this looks good value for money

http://www.active.com/blackrock-dublin/water-sports/swimming/east-coast-open-water-swim-camp-2015

Advertisement