Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Role Application

Options
  • 07-05-2015 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

A role came up within our company that I was slightly interested in it. After a discussion with the hiring manager I was encouraged by her to apply for the role but as an internal candidate was asked to submit a proposal rather than an updated CV. I did this 7 weeks ago and got no response despite being aware they have interviewed for the role. I sent an email saying I appreciated that I wasn't considered the right candidate for the role but I would like a reponse or some feedback. There is still nothing. I don't know if it makes any difference or not but I was asked to submit directly to her and not HR. Also I have reason to believe that some of my proposals have been implemented within the team since my proposal was submitted.

Am I being unreasonable to expect a response or is this just the way it is now? I would be one of the longest serving members of staff in the business.

Any one have any views on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Am I being unreasonable to expect a response

No, I would say that's poor form. Not sure if you can do much more than you have.

Maybe if you word it carefully, so it doesn't sound like you're trying to bypass or complain about the hiring manager, you could email HR to ask if they'd received any feedback on your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,764 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Eoin wrote: »
    No, I would say that's poor form. Not sure if you can do much more than you have.

Maybe if you word it carefully, so it doesn't sound like you're trying to bypass or complain about the hiring manager, you could email HR to ask if they'd received any feedback on your application.

The OP didn't apply to hr - they probably don't even know that s/he was interested.

I would chalk it up to experience and stay quiet, unless you want to get the hiring manager into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'd be surprised if something like this would be done without involving HR at some stage, unless there was never any intention to progress the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

I'd be surprised if something like this would be done without involving HR at some stage, unless there was never any intention to progress the application.

This is what makes me wonder if there is something else going on. The particular hiring manager is not in the business very long so I'm a little frustrated at my treatment after being here such a long time. It shouldn't make any difference how long I'm there.
    I don't want to be accused of being petty or over reacting if I do go to HR with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,764 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Exactly my point.

I'd kinda guess that the hiring manager knew who s/he wanted to hire, and didn't want any pesky internal applicants make HR get in the way.

Of course this is without knowing the full situation. But having an internal applicant do a different application process to everyone else is very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Thanks for all the comments above. I think it's obvious that I'm not being made aware of the full picture but I'm no clearer in my own head on where I go with this. I'm not bothered about the role at this stage moreso the complete lack of respect shown towards me :mad: I probably just need to let it go but in doing so I really feel that I'm letting her push through with her own agenda whatever that might be

Advertisement