Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metamoris

Options
  • 07-05-2015 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Just niticed theres no metamoris thread, anyone planning on watching it? Just saw that cyborg has pulled out injured and he's been replaced by Ryron Gracie, him and Barnett should be a really interesting matchup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Keeping it playful vs making it painful.

It's going to be a match against a guy who is famous for not getting subbed against a guy who's famous for slowly grinding subs out of guys who are famous for not being subbed. It might be a cool match, but it might just be 20 minutes of watching Ryron getting squeezed to bits and waiting to see if he can survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭cletus

Really disappointed to see Abreau is out. I thought that could be an excellent match. Cyborg is so strong, and really good of his back. Considering josh submitted dean Lister, don't see ryron lasting to long

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

I'm wondering how its gonna feel with no crowd?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭cletus

Hears that too, but heard no reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

It'll probably be strange enough without the atmosphere of the crowd, and i know my jiu jitsu knowledge is fairly limited but i get the feeling Ryron could pull of a shock here, whole idea of it is size not being important and id imagine what he tried against galvao could be much more effective against barnett as theres probably a bigger gap in cardio than there was with galvao, at the same time though barnett's an absolute beast id say itl be a cracker. Be cool if Ryron did it in a gi be like Royce v Dan Severn all over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

This gave me a laugh anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,109 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I see Barnett crushing him on side control.
    It's interesting as Ryron did a gracie breakdown of the Lister match.
    Depp wrote: »
    whole idea of it is size not being important

The idea is that BJJ can overcome size with better technique, but not "size isn't important".
    When both guys are elite grapplers, size and strength are big factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Also this man has announced he will be commentating on the event

https://www.facebook.com/BasRutten?fref=ts

Advertisement