Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Council want me to pass three things before I can become a certified teacher

Options
  • 07-05-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could take a teaching dance, teaching swimming and get information on passing the history of irish education system? I have been considered partially qualified until I pass all of these things and I am under pressure to do so. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Emer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

What teaching subject do you consider yourself qualified to teach? Is it Physical Education? To me sounds like you more need credits in PE, so University of
    Limerick would be the option, not sure if you can do modules /credits part time there so you'd to check in with them.

Next, look at the top of the main page of this forum( teaching and lecturing), there's a sticky on the teaching council requirement for the history of education exam. Loads of tips there. It's an exam held twice a year in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 folz

Hey thanks for your reply. I am a qualified P.E teacher with a masters in Education but they want me to take a teaching dance class and swimming. I am from Dublin area and working so going to Limerick is a no go any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There are several universities offering PE degrees now. Look at the college websites and find out which ones offer the degree. Contact their PE department and find out if you can enrol on the appropriate modules as a part time student.

The teaching council runs an exam in the history of education every year you could sign up for that, but realistically if you are doing modules part time in a university it might be easier to enrol for that module while you are at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

folz wrote: »
    Hey thanks for your reply. I am a qualified P.E teacher with a masters in Education but they want me to take a teaching dance class and swimming. I am from Dublin area and working so going to Limerick is a no go any other ideas?

Are you UK qualified?
    They have identified a shortfall you have to make up and the TC are the gatekeepers.

Where have you looked so far or has this been the extent of your research?

Advertisement