Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Viet Cong

Comments



  • This is one of my favourite albums of the year, really looking forward to the gig on Wednesday night! Actually it looks like it's sold out, lucky I got my tickets early




  • Robotito wrote: »
    This is one of my favourite albums of the year, really looking forward to the gig on Wednesday night! Actually it looks like it's sold out, lucky I got my tickets early

    It is sold out ..dammit!

    Online Tickets No Longer On Sale

    Unfortunately tickets for this event are no longer on sale online.
    Tickets may be on sale directly at the venue
    Extra tickets may become available online at a later date




  • Sold out! Damn! Excited about the gig, album is immense.




  • I'll try to catch them at Primavera.




  • Robotito wrote: »
    This is one of my favourite albums of the year, really looking forward to the gig on Wednesday night! Actually it looks like it's sold out, lucky I got my tickets early

    Wish I seen your post from 3months ago in the recommended album thread before today ! Ah well will keep an eye to ticketmaster.


  • Advertisement


  • Post punks from Canada formed the ashes of 'Women' who were apparently very well regarded in lo-fi indie circles despite a short career.

    Nice. Cheers for this as I haven't heard them before... reckon tickets will be available at the venue on the night?




  • mrcheez wrote: »
    Nice. Cheers for this as I haven't heard them before... reckon tickets will be available at the venue on the night?

    Could be worth a shot but idk never tried to get into to a sold out gig in the workmans club.




  • A quick name change later and they are back in Business.
    I must admit I don't see why such a backlash against that name,seen worse names but I accept some people will take exception to anything. Hopefully they can now move on and new album in the fall.Making an appearance at castlepoolza as well this year.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/viet-cong-change-name-to-preoccupations-we-apologize-to-those-who-were-adversely-affected-by-our-a6994596.html

    After endless pressure, the band Viet Cong have announced they will henceforth be going by a new name: Preoccupations.

    They’ve been planning it for a while, with vitriol over the Vietnam War-referencing name getting so bad that they were forced to cancel a gig last March due to negative reaction to the “offensive” name.





  • I just can't believe that they went as far as changing their name - seems a bit lame to me.

    I find it hard to believe there's many out there that listen to their music that are genuinely offended by it. It is only a name of course, just two particular words - they aren't a literal guerrilla military force.




  • It's a sign o' the times.

    Didn't they have a gig cancelled over protests?
    I'm assuming they had issues where old Vietnam vets happened to see the name on a billboard, and brought it up with the venue. Or some overly-PC group.

    "The Soft Pack" were another band that changed their name from "The Muslims"... what they were thinking when they came up with that one :)

    Just saves the headaches and lets people concentrate on the music.


  • Advertisement


  • Great band but can't find a good name :-D




  • mrcheez wrote: »
    It's a sign o' the times.

    Didn't they have a gig cancelled over protests?
    I'm assuming they had issues where old Vietnam vets happened to see the name on a billboard, and brought it up with the venue. Or some overly-PC group.

    "The Soft Pack" were another band that changed their name from "The Muslims"... what they were thinking when they came up with that one :)

    Just saves the headaches and lets people concentrate on the music.

    Bet no one complained about Frank Black and the Catholics:pac:




  • Names aside and and not disparging muslims ..the band themselves fairly dire and would have got death threat to shut tf up aways but back on topic..(watch out for the horrific courtney barrett video which could autoplay after this as it did me )





  • Any reviews from castlepoolza?


Advertisement