Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redirect problem

Options
  • 07-05-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I don't know if this is the right forum to post this but I try anyway… :)

This is my website:
    www.merconephotography.com

I just found it here as well:

http://phodir.com/_redirect.php?user_id=7405

What does this mean? Is it normal that it shows up exactly the same with another web address?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Yanu

I would also like to add that a couple of days ago my site seem to have disappeared from goggle search. I ranked very well for a good while and then suddenly disappeared. I have posted this problem on the webmaster central help forum on goggle and one guy pointed out the site above to me. He didn't come back to me with an explanation on what it means though. He just showed me the link in a post.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

That site has your site in a frame for its photographer directory, so it's not quite a redirect or clone.

Ata glance, you might have been hit by a combination of a few things, design not responsive, duplication of some metas, some excessive use of keyword repetition.

There's more you could be doing with the likes of alt attributes and connecting up Google+ with Places/map - Google likes this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Yanu

Thanks tricky d. I have found 3 duplicates meta descriptions and one page was just a copy of another one. I have eliminate those and deleted a plugin. I have asked goggle to recrawl the site and now I wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Also remove the keywords tag, it's largely ignored except by Bing which only uses it to mark keyword spamming ie. it has no positive value.

You have stuffed the title tag with 'photgraph*' stem too many times (4), where * is 'er' or 'y'. 3 instances only.

Advertisement