Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 Saloon SE 1.6

Options
  • 07-05-2015 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

We are lucky enough to be considering buying a new Audi A3 Saloon SE1.6.

Just wondering does anyone have good or bad experience with the new A3 Saloon and also is their any value in adding their Plus package, Sat Nav or Xenon lights?

Also from a best value perspective is their anything we should be pushing for to be included as part of the deal e.g. free servicing etc. Not sure how far the Audi dealers tend to go to get the deals done these days considering how busy they seem to be.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭RyanMGF

They come as standard with Bluetooth streaming so even if you don't get Nav and you have Google maps on your phone the voice commands will still come through the car. There's a couple of different options for nav, the standard 2d one which is slightly under €1k and the MMI plus which gives you a few other bits but is considerably more expensive. If fitting Nav you need to add the connectivity pack as well but it's only €35 odd and gives you a nice shark fin aerial.

Standard lights are perfectly good but the xenons are standard on the S-Line, would you consider one instead of the SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BarryT2012

Never really thought about the S Line as to go from a Se to S-Line would cost over 3K so would be outside of our budget but would it be a waste of money?

The Xenon lights are additional on top of the €33,250 SE model.

Regarding Sat Nav this cost €857 so again is there value in this? prob not if the phone feeds directly in but the connectivity pack we will add in.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This may or may not be of interest to you
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057423383

• Registered Users Posts: 15,749 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The new Skoda Superb is out soon. Has been getting great reviews. I knows its a bit bigger than an Audi A3 but price wise its probably the same. Its a very classy fine big car. Looks good too. Think it looks much better than the latest Passat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

BarryT2012 wrote: »
    Hi,

We are lucky enough to be considering buying a new Audi A3 Saloon SE1.6.

Just wondering does anyone have good or bad experience with the new A3 Saloon and also is their any value in adding their Plus package, Sat Nav or Xenon lights?

Also from a best value perspective is their anything we should be pushing for to be included as part of the deal e.g. free servicing etc. Not sure how far the Audi dealers tend to go to get the deals done these days considering how busy they seem to be.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks

Nice car to drive - i average about 47mpg with mostly city driving - have seen 60mpg on cross country motorway stuff. As someone else said S Line looks much better but SE with SE + pack is fine too. Connectivity pack means you can get nav sd card from Audi. The alloys that come with SE+ pack are much nicer than 16s. These cars currently in high demand with waiting lists (in particular S Lines) so not sure how much of a deal if any you will get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 BarryT2012

Thanks all for your input, will be sticking to Audi as I need reliability as I average 450km's a week so going to stick with what I know..

To jump up from SE to S-Line looks to be worth considering especially as the standard also comes with some good add on's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

I just picked up a new S-Line A3 Saloon 1.6TDI last week. Very pleased so far

I'd go for the xenons if you can. Look great and you'll get the LED dlr's.

If you have any questions let me know.

Advertisement