Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time work issues.

Options
  • 06-05-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

So last Oct I started looking for work. Part time. I was working full time waitress and opposite shifts to my husband. So had decided that I'd look for part time day job more suitable to his shifts. So got a job was told be 18 hours per week. The girl who left was full time nd current part timer moved to full time so the part timer was covering 2 days a week so getting 18 hours. For Nov nd Dec I worked 18 hours over course of 4 days which suited as done some waitressing during busy xmas. Since Jan iv been getting 9-13 hours a week apart from 1 week where girl git married nd i done 40 hour week on my own with no lunch break.
    I'm still doing 1 shift a week in old job to keep money coming in.
    I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Am I better off getting on with it until baby due. Doubt I'm entitled to much hubby has great wages
    I keep asking for contract but not getting anywhere. I feel like they are well able to use me like working 19 hours for few weeks then down to 9 then 2 weeks at 25 den a week at 40 hours.
    Anyone have any advise. I do really like the job it's retail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

What exactly is the problem?
    You want a contract saying what. You should have had a contract within two months legally. You May need to remind them of this.
    However be careful what you wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭xxbrady

What exactly is the problem?
    You want a contract saying what. You should have had a contract within two months legally. You May need to remind them of this.
    However be careful what you wish for.

It's not even such I want a contract. But like 9 hours a week is mad. I work 1:30 - 6 2 days a week most weeks if I'm lucky ill get a 3rd say so 13.5 hours! I asked for contract in Feb. Via email to the boss lady who I don't usually deal with. There is a shop manager the reply avoid the question and assured me hours would pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

I'm sorry but there is probably very little you can do. Ye you are entitled to a contract but I would imagine that it would not state your hours.

Advertisement