Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Room Presets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Rise the blacks are per this:

washed-out-photo-look-lightroom-steps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Thanks for that can you send a link to the whole blog link please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

scrgirl wrote: »
    Thanks for that can you send a link to the whole blog link please

Sorry I found the image via google. I figured it would be easier to explain what I meant using a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hi Just looking for info on presets, I have replichrome, VSCO and Totally Rad (photoshop) and still am not achieving that hazy faded look thats all the rage with wedding photography these days... can anyone recommend a good set, or even a do it yourself version to get an effect like this
    ]

VSCO should have a few preset that fit into the "hazy faded" look you are aiming for. The Kodak Gold +++ or ++ variants do a nice job.

Thanks guys will try that

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »
    VSCO should have a few preset that fit into the "hazy faded" look you are aiming for. The Kodak Gold +++ or ++ variants do a nice job.

I have found the +++ are good but often leave the image very dark, tweaking exposure dosent work, just take the effect away, any tips to overcomet this?

Rise the blacks are per this:

washed-out-photo-look-lightroom-steps.jpg

I cant seem to move the bottom left point, it wont drag, just creates a curve, how do i remedy this? I clicked custom then the next points....

I cant seem to move the bottom left point, it wont drag, just creates a curve, how do i remedy this? I clicked custom then the next points....

I got it! Still lokking for tips on how to lighten it though

found this tutorial really helpful, just takes longshanks tip a bit futher.
    https://fstoppers.com/post-production/how-create-popular-matte-look-lightroom-3280

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Why do you want your pics to look the same as everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I have found the +++ are good but often leave the image very dark, tweaking exposure dosent work, just take the effect away, any tips to overcomet this?

If the image is dark already, yes those +++ or ++ presets can really emphasis that darkness. For bright (or even just properly exposed) photos they can give a nice effect. Obviously too, there are tons of different +++ presets in the VSCO packages. Some work better than others depending on the light available (and what style you are going for).

Not knowing anything about the photos you are trying to edit, under exposed photos are not going to be saved by using presets.

How is that helpful to the OP?

Well its a style that is popular, as far as I am aware not every other photographer on the planet uses it, whereas basic adjustments are actually offered by everyone else, so i would like to be able to offer the client a bit of a choice. Sometimes the market can direct a business. Oh and I really like that old film look. Theres a few reasons for you.

Baccus Been messing around with it and getting better results, thanks a million for your help :)

Advertisement