Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a flieger..

Options
  • 06-05-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭

Ok so there's a gap in my collection for a nice flieger.. What do the WIS here recommend?! There's a possible Panerai incoming soon so don't want to spend too much on this..

I've already ruled this one out for obvious reasons..

wancher-pilot7_2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Even a rough idea of budget? A few Steinharts on TZ recently. Or Fortis, Aristo, Zeno, Parnis?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Saw the Steinharts on TZ and they looked the part! That's roughly the budget I was looking at <€500
    I know one of them is sold but I might drop a PM about the other one cheers.
    Any other suggestions in my budget let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Have you looked at Laco ?

42mm Auto @ €398

https://shop.laco.de/en/Fliegeruhren-A.html

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

If you really want to save some cash and dont require swiss you could try one of the Ticino pilots. Available in type A or B dial fitted with a top grade Miyota 9015 and a choice of 44 or 47mm case size. Prices $199 - $239 and about $150 on the forums. Sterile dial so whose gonna know.

Laco with a Miyota can be on the cheaper end also.

Pic borrowed shamelessly from the web.

ticino5_zpsi6wqaeeq.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Homer wrote: »
    Saw the Steinharts on TZ and they looked the part! That's roughly the budget I was looking at <€500
    I know one of them is sold but I might drop a PM about the other one cheers.
    Any other suggestions in my budget let me know

There were 3 on the first page when I looked last night. 2 in one post, and a DLC one in another. Not usually a fan of the DLC watches, but I think it looked pretty cool, but then again I don't really like the vintage look of fliegers - it just doesn't suit me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The only thing about the Steinharts are the Size

The smallest is 44mm, but the crown is quite big.

I found it was digging into the back of my hand

Also the water resistance is not great.

The Laco are 42mm and they have a great history of supply watches during the War like Stowa

Also, how about a Timefactors from Eddie on the TZ site...maybe a Speedbird or the PRECISTA CZECH AIR FORCE - PRS-9

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,937 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Homer wrote: »
    I've already ruled this one out for obvious reasons..

Same reason Mitsubishi never sold the Pajero in Spain? :pac:

Advertisement