Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting to Masters in Creative Digital Media

Options
  • 06-05-2015 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey guys,

I'm considering applying to study media at masters level and I have been looking at 2 courses - MSc Creative Digital Media in DIT and MSc Multimedia in DCU

Is anyone familiar with either of these? Furthermore is multimedia a good thing to get into right now or should one steer clear? I would like a course that I will be immediately employable from, I've spent enough time in college.

I should point out that I am a humanities graduate. Would I be at a major disadavantage i.e. would you be expected to be highly proficient in graphic design/programming? I have done a year of Art and Design and I'm a fairly creative person so that end is not really a problem for me.

I have recently begun an ICT conversion course in DBS but I fear I will be forced to pull out due to the sheer intensity of the course and the fact the although it was advertised as for beginners, the vast majority of the class have been programming for years. I do enjoy programming itself, but I am by no means a teckie.

All opinions and advice greatly welcomed!

Advertisement