Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying

Options
  • 06-05-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi There,
    So I need some advice on something , I am currently getting bullied in school and it was in class that it had a major effect on me , It is this idiot that sits beside me in one particular class and he is constantly annoying me and is making lets just say unpleasant gestures towards me and I am very angry and upset about this.
    He only does it when the teacher's back is turned.
    What should I do?
    Should I ask for the teacher to make a new seating plan so I can be moved away from him?
    Should I inform my year head (Who is also the Deputy Principal?)

Thank you for the advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 here228

jamie124 wrote: »
    Hi There,
    So I need some advice on something , I am currently getting bullied in school and it was in class that it had a major effect on me , It is this idiot that sits beside me in one particular class and he is constantly annoying me and is making lets just say unpleasant gestures towards me and I am very angry and upset about this.
    He only does it when the teacher's back is turned.
    What should I do?
    Should I ask for the teacher to make a new seating plan so I can be moved away from him?
    Should I inform my year head (Who is also the Deputy Principal?)

Thank you for the advice.

Do both. It can't continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I would think the 1st port of call would be the class teacher. they could either keep an eye out and move the student messing next time or else move around the whole class (although it's a bit late in the year to justify it!). Does it only takes place within that particular class? i.e. not spilling out into the rest of your day.

If it does happen during the day then it's the Year head. If I were the year head though I'd probably go back to the class where it's happening the most and ask the teacher to keep an eye out to catch the student in the act.

There's only a few weeks to go so you don't need to be dealing with that before exams. The teacher could swop someone else easily, although that might be just pushing the problem onto someone else.

I remember when I was in school one of the students just had enough and outed the bully mid class, "sir he's at me, can I move?", the teacher gave out stink to the bully. Also the bully knew that the student wasn't afraid to speak out so didn't go near him after. That could be a risky move though so you'd have to gauge the potential for retribution!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Thanks everyone for the replies
    It has been sorted :)

Advertisement