Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

level 5 healthcare support

Options
  • 06-05-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Starting a healthcare support level 5 soon
    Just wondering is there anyone who can lend some advice on moduled course contents and tips in general on the course. . Any help would be great... Cheers guys......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭idek1

hi, congrats on gaining entry onto this course. I just finished mine at the end of April. the first thing I will say is to keep on top of assignments, (easier said than done i know). before Christmas the course will seem really easy, then after Christmas juggling work experience with assignments is tough. However, it is manageable and it was an enjoyable year. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 funkspasm

Get yourself a half decent printer and a memory stick. Try not to miss too many days and as stated above...Don't put assignments on the "long finger". Come January and February they will start to build up a bit.

I just finished this course 3 weeks ago and I actually enjoyed it, It has definitely created a lot of new opportunities for me.
    Although I haven't gotten my results yet, I would say to spend a bit of time at your assignments because this will take pressure off the exams at the end of year.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pearbelle

Hi
    I a half way through the healthcare support course, i am taking it as a night class and have completed 5 modules already since January......same advice as above, don't put assignments on long finger, as soon as you have enough information complete them!!...depending on tutor but some will allow you to hand in a draft assignment to be checked before you submit your assignments which can be very helpful at steering you in the right direction especially for the first few modules......a lot of repetition over the modules.... very enjoyable course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 feetofflames

Hi there folks, My friend is doing this course at the moment and is in the 2nd week of it. He is doing the Health & Safety at work module right now. He is struggling in class with the amount of information as he hasn't been in a classroom since his Junior Cert. He is afraid now he wont be able for it. Have any of you any tips regarding assignments, do you think he should ask the trainor for sample exams or assignments? Thanks in advance !

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pearbelle

Tell your friend to stick with it . . . health and safety is very much common sense and there will be a lot of info thrown at him in the first few weeks . . . but overall there are not that many assignments with each module. . . and once he has all the info he'll have no problem. . . might need your help with the typing and layout but at level 5 its not too strict (depending on tutor)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 foggyn

i have just applied for the healthcare support course level 5. as a mature student however does having visible tattoos ( a tattoo of an eye on the back of my hand) cause problems getting work in this area? is there any other healthcare workers or nurses with tattoos? or should i be considering another career, hope not as i really want to do this
    im a male long term unemployed 53 years old. so this is my only real chance of finding good permanent employment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have a friend with loads of tattoos. It has never stopped her getting work as a Healthcare Assistant.

Advertisement