Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable tablet for 6 year old

Options
  • 06-05-2015 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

can anyone give me advise on the best type of tablet to get a 6 year old boy. He will be sharing with his 3 year old brother. what are the best tablets around with good parental controls, they use it for camera, you tube for movies and playing games. Not a huge budget maybe around €100. any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

tinimc wrote: »
    can anyone give me advise on the best type of tablet to get a 6 year old boy. He will be sharing with his 3 year old brother. what are the best tablets around with good parental controls, they use it for camera, you tube for movies and playing games. Not a huge budget maybe around €100. any advise would be appreciated.

Kurio 7 tablet, great little things. Can be gotten in Smyths or Argos, best go to Argos as its cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Isn't there a RTÉ Junior branded tablet around? Made by Samsung I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Speaking of parental controls. My lads have Screen Time on their tablets and it is the best app ever.
    Very handy for kids that want to spend all day on their device. My eldest spent 8 hours on it one day. Not any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been looking around for a tablet for my niece for her birthday, and I'll probably go with Expansys - they have refurbished 7 inch nexus tablets (2012 edition) for less than 100 delivered. Good cases too (see further down the page).

http://www.expansys.ie/google-nexus-7-2012-wi-fi-16gb-refurbished-267766/

You'll have to set up the parental stuff manually (as it's not specifically a 'kids' tablet), but there should be lots of guides available to help you lock it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

From bitter personal experience, can I suggest the cheapest armour plated tablet you can find... my seven year old has now broken 2 screens within months of getting them. The second wasn't even intended for him, it was a present for my wife that he borrowed!

My 2c is go cheap and strong over up to date as your kids wont need the most powerful tablet, just one that won't break if one of them looks crooked at it

• Advertisement
Advertisement